Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Seriantel. Rest assured that our agency will effectively handle the advertising of the marketing campaign. It is a pleasure to do business with the Seriantel Corp." Mr. Lee said and offered his hand. Tinaggap ko ang kamay niya at nagpasalamat din.

I just had a business meeting with the advertising company for a proposal regarding the new products. The company's executives recently approved the plan to implement television and media ads. I had to meet them personally to make sure that the recommended agency would manage the advertising well.

After that, I decided to leave the place and go back to the company.

Bago pa ako makalabas ng tuluyan sa hotel restaurant kung saan ginanap ang business meeting ay may biglang humarang na babae sa akin.

"Finally, I found you. I have been looking for you since yesterday."

I looked at the owner of that familiar voice, and if my jaw could be detached, it would definitely drop.

Shock is an understatement upon looking at what Verra Normans was wearing from head to toe.

I don't want to exaggerate, but...

"Why are you wearing something like that?!" Nahihintakutan kong sabi sa kanya. I tried to say it in a low voice para hindi kami lalong makaattract ng attention.

"Why? Don't you like it?" Umikot pa ito sa harap ko. She just did it like it was nothing. Oh my gosh, parang ako pa yata ang nahihiya sa ginagawa niya.

Bago pa kami pagtinginan lalo ng mga tao sa loob ng hotel ay agad kong kinuha ang kamay niya at hinila sa area na wala masyadong tao.

Nang harapin ko siya ay parang estatwa lang ito na huminto. Nakatingin siya sa magkahawak naming kamay kaya mabilis ko itong binitawan.

"Now, why are you wearing that Verra?" Pag-uulit ko sa tanong ko kanina.

"You like the manang look—I mean, you like it conservative." Here she goes again with her manang thing.

"Yes, but that's not what I mean!" Habang tinuturo ang suot niya.

"Nanny Susan helped me pick these clothes. Isn't this conservative enough for you?" I just looked at her like I was asking if she was telling me a joke.

Is she kidding me? Pero mukhang hindi ito nagbibiro. She was just looking at me innocently. Parang wala siyang pakialam kung ganito ang suot niya.

That's not what I meant by conservative! That's baduy na!

Balot na balot ang katawan niya. This is too far from the classy Verra Normans I know. I know I told her not to show too much skin, pero hindi naman yung ganito!

I think my fashion soul left my body right after the moment I saw what she was wearing. Too many colors. Too much pattern. Ang sakit sa mata. Kung pwede lang ay baka tinakbuhan ko na ito kanina pa dahil sa suot niyang damit.

She's wearing a multicolored pattern na lady's long sleeve and multicolored pants na iba pa sa pattern ng suot niyang top. The pattern and bright colors remind me of daster prints.

I know I am just overreacting, but I have so much love for clothes and fashion, and seeing her outfit makes me want to cry.

Thank goodness she looks rich and pretty, she can somehow pull off this outfit.

Instead of answering her question, I took off my blazer and offered it to her.

"Wear this." Tiningnan lang niya ako at hindi kumilos, kaya ako na ang kumilos para ipatong ito sa balikat niya.