Long Way Home pt.2

As you emerged from the wreckage you checked your surroundings and looked like you were on the outskirts of a town.

You dusted yourself off from the debris on your clothes. You noticed that the ropes that bound you were no longer on. You were confused as to how they got off until you saw a little red bird flying a few feet away from you.

You jumped off the wrecked ship to follow the little guy but you heard a conversation going on and decided to listen.

You hid behind a tree and saw Kikimora talking a coven soldier.

"Kikimora. We found the palisman, they seem rattled but unharmed"
"Very good, Captain, return to the city and prepare them for travel"
"Is it true ma'am was the ship and Golden Guard really attacked"
"This was all that remains, it was such a horrible accident"

You noticed the all familiar cape with golden shoulder pad in Kikimoras grasp.

"I'll.... alert the castle. Scouts to Latissa" the Captain and the rest of the soldiers walked in the direction of the town you now know was named Latissa.

You never really been outside of Bonesborough, since your Guardian said that the world outside is dangerous and yet here you are.

You heard a whistle being blown and saw a creature running towards Kikimora. It was the same one that struck the ship down.

You stifled a gasp

She then feed the cape to the creature and said

"Find the rest of him and have yourself a nice little snack. I'll call for you soon"

You had to find the palisman and The Golden Guard fast, but the thing is where?

You saw the little bird flapping his wings in the opposite direction so you decided to follow him and he took you where The Golden Guard was lying.

He laid on his back with his limbs spread apart. His golden mask cracked by the eye socket. You saw his hair for the first time it was a very white sand yellow color.

You punched him in the stomach and yelled "Wake up!"
"Wha" He sat up looking confused as to what happened and clutching his stomach

He noticed you now

"You!"
"Listen Kikimora sent that same creature that attacked us to come and kill you, so if you don't want to die, come with me"
"Why should I believe you" he said while pushing your face away from him
"Because-" you started while doing the same thing but was cut off as a low growl was heard behind you.

The Golden Guard's staff was right where he landed. He jumped up, like we didn't just fall like 40 feet from the air.

He grabbed his staff, pushed you out of the way and fired a blast of magic.

As you were on your stomach, the little bird landed in front of you and begged you to follow him.

He led you to a tree in where you hid behind and saw the palisman nest with many coven soldiers surrounding it.

"Good job little guy" you say as he landed on your shoulder
"Now I need to get your friends and hopefully mine back"

As you finished your sentence a coven soldier walked by your hiding place.

You grabbed him, behind the tree and took his costume. As you walked from out behind the tree no one even gave you a glance.

You kept glancing around warily as you walked to the nest. The red bird hiding in the cape, you whispered to him
"Alright, let's get you guys out of here"

You opened the door and saw around 10 to 12 palisman sitting trembling and then one came out and it was your palisman.

"Aspen!," you say as your palisman came closer.

A few of the guards looked at you suspiciously,
"The netting, its aspen twigs and leaves, I've never really seen them before so I'm kinda interested" you noted

They continued with their work. You let out a sigh of relief.

"Alright, let's get you guys back to where you were before you came here" you whisper.

Your palisman hid with the bird while closing the door of the nest you made a circle of magic and put your whole hand through it causing the whole nest to light up with a grey hue.

You closed your hand and It flew up and disappeared into thin air. You felt relieved knowing that the palisman would be safe.

The Captain suddenly came running ro you.

"Scout, what happened to the palisman?"
"I'm not sure ma'am, before I knew it, it disappeared."
"Well whoever did it Can't be that far,"

The Captain order the soldiers to look in the forest for someone who is causing trouble for the Emperor.

While everyone was searching through the forest you snuck away getting rid of costume in the process, but then you a loud crack like a tree being snapped into two.

The little bird flew to where the sound came from, you looked at your palisman, he seemed to tell you to go.

"Hey! Wait up little buddy" you followed the bird not knowing what you were about to get into.

A/N I did not expect this chapter to be this long 866 words, currently working on the next chapter dont know when it will be out..