(7) The Last Day

IT was early in the morning, not too early but not too late. Will was slowly waking up, and when he opened his eyes he got blinded by the sun once again, just like in every summer morning. He looked next to him in the bed, but didn't see Mike laying next to him. Again.

He yawned and got out of bed, then he left Mike's bedroom and went downstairs. "Where is Mike?" Will asked the blonde-haired woman (Karen) in a sleepy voice. Karen was in the kitchen, making breakfast. This time they weren't pancakes but eggs and bacon. "He went to El's cabin, He didn't told you this?" Karen asked, raising a eyebrow. Will froze and started feeling sad and jealous again.

This was the last day he was going to stay with Mike since his father was going to leave the Byers house today, and Mike just goes to El instead of spending time with him?

Will just decided to sit at the dinner table where Nancy and Holly were sitting too, and decided to wait for the eggs and bacon. What if Mike was going to stay at the cabin the whole day and he wouldn't even get the change to say Will goodbye? And what was Will going to do the whole day without Mike?

Will sighed, and after a few minutes Karen put the eggs and bacon on Nancy's, Holly's and Will's plate. "Enjoy." The woman said as she walked away from the dinner table, to the living room to watch TV. Karen already ate breakfast.

"If you're bored today, just look in the drawers of my desk, I have a lot of new crayons and paper you can use to draw." Nancy whispered nicely, this made Will actually pretty excited since he forgot his drawing supplies and he loved drawing. Will took a bite of the bacon, and then took a sip of water, Nancy did the same but with the eggs. After a few minutes, about 7 or 8 minutes later, everyone finished eating their breakfast, And before Will was going to bring his plate to the kitchen, He looked at the chair next to him and got even sadder now, for some reason he missed spending time with Mike alot.

He got up from his chair and brought his plate to the kitchen so that Karen could wash it later. He now went upstairs and went to Nancy's bedroom instead of Mike's bedroom this time. Nancy's bedroom had white walls with pink stripes, a bed that looked like the bed of a princess, pink and blue pillows, some posters and a white wooden desk that was standing close by the door of her room.

Will walked to the desk, and opened the drawers. In the drawers he saw alot of new crayons and some paper, it was enough paper for sure. He took all the paper and crayons and walked out of Nancy's bedroom, with the drawers closed of course. He now walked to Mike's bedroom and sat on the bed, against the wall with his back.

He started to draw something from D&D again since he mostly draws things from D&D. Since Mike and Will had a small argument yesterday, he wanted to draw his D&D character and Mike's D&D character in a fight, he knew it sounded weird and stupid but he decided to draw it anyways. First he started to make a sketch of his own D&D character, when he finished making a sketch of his own D&D character, (Will The Wise), he started to make a sketch of Mike's D&D character, (Mike The Mighty).

Lastly he gave them colors, he made them look alot better and he added some details to the characters. It took him about 27 minutes. When he finished the drawing, he looked at it in a proud way. He got off the bed and put the drawing on Mike's desk, then he grabbed the paper and crayons from the bed and put them back in the drawers of Nancy's desk that was standing in Nancy's bedroom.

He wanted to walk back to Mike's bedroom, until he heard the front door open. He knew it was Mike. Will ran downstairs and saw Mike standing by the front door, he looked sad, more annoyed and mad actually. "What happened?" Will asked him confused, why did he look like someone just bullied him like crazy? "I don't wanna talk about it." Mike said as he ran upstairs and closed the door with a huge slam.

Will really wanted to know what was wrong with him, so he decided to follow him and ask him. He knocked on the door of Mike's bedroom, but there was no response. He knocked on Mike's bedroom door for the second time now and this time there was finally a response.

Mike walked to the door of his bedroom and decided to let Will inside. Finally. "Mike, what happened? i wanna know." Will asked him in a worried tone. Mike just took a deep breath and decided to tell him. "El broke up with me, because i was too late at the cabin. First we had a whole argument and then she just broke up with me." Mike said, now looking down.

Will felt bad for Mike, he really did but for some reason he felt a little bit of happiness. Did he finally have a change now? "No, Will, He is straight. He doesn't like boys." He thought to himself, which made his happiness fade away again.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Will said, putting a hand on one of Mike's shoulders to comfort him a little bit. They both sat on the bed again, like they always do and just stared at each other once again. "This is the last day you're here, isn't it?" Mike asked, kind of in a sad tone and Will nodded.

Mike didn't wanted Will to go away. Not because so he could talk to Will about his 'break up problems', but because he loved Will. Not like that of course. He loved having sleepovers with Will, He loved talking to Will about the things he liked or the things Will liked.

"I think my mom is coming in a few minutes." Will said which made Mike even sadder. "Can i get some new clothes? I wanna get changed before my mom comes." Will asked nicely, and Mike just nodded his head softly.

Mike stood up from the bed, and grabbed some clothes that were too small for him out of the white wooden closet. Mike grabbed a yellow shirt with light brown leafs on it, he also grabbed the same kind of black shorts for Will. He closed the doors of the closet again, and gave the clothes to Will.

"Here, you can have them." Mike smiled, And of course Will smiled back. Will got off the bed too now and went to the bathroom to get changed and to brush his teeth. He just does anything like normally. He takes off his oversized dark red hoodie and light gray shorts that he used as pajamas, he then puts on the new clothes Mike gave him. Then he brushes his teeth with his toothbrush.

After he washed his toothbrush once again, he puts it back into the small plastic bag with the toothpaste of course. When he left the bathroom, he took the small plastic bag with him since he wasn't going to stay here another night. He put the small plastic bag in his backpack that was still standing in Mike's room and then put the backpack on his back. Will was about to leave the room but Mike stopped him. He grabbed Will by the arm and then gave him a tight hug. "I'll miss you, bud." Mike said while his head was laying on Will's shoulder. Of course Will hugged back.

After a few seconds, They let each other go and both boys go downstairs. Mike's mother Karen and Will's mother Joyce were standing by the front door while talking to each other about random stuff, until they saw Mike and Will coming downstairs. "Hey, sweetie!" Joyce said as Will ran to her and gave her a hug. The first thing he noticed about his mother when he looked at her face was a bruise on her eye, and he was sure his father Lonnie did this to her.

He felt so bad for his mother, and he hated his dad even more for this, but he was also happy he wasn't there or else he would have been abused by his dad too.

"I uh, I will miss you." Mike said for the second time to Will, Will gave him a smile. "I'll miss you too, Mike."

(Sorry this chapter was so long lmao).