nineteen

Something about today was bothering Chloe. Like something good was going to happen, but what. She doesn't know what it is, but she hopes to find out later. "Chloe?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's go." Elena said.

Chloe walked over to her still trying to think what today was. She knew the date and day, but there was something that kept bothering her. "What is supposed to happen today?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"I feel like there is an event coming and I wished I knew what that could be."

"Maybe Caroline knows." Elena suggested.

Chloe nodded as she walked out of the ice.
~~~
At school, Chloe stood by her locker when Caroline wrapped her arms around her. "Miss Mystic Falls." Was the first thing she heard.

"Please repeat that." Chloe said. "Because I did not just hear that."

"It's that time of year, Chloe it's up to us to beat your sister."

"I don't have an escort..."

"Take Tyler."

Chloe groaned as she knew he would ditch in a heartbeat. "Fine." She said. "He ditches and makes me look like a fool, Mayor Lockwood won't be murdering him because I will."

Caroline knew that Chloe wasn't too happy about the idea of Tyler being her partner. Chloe walked off as she needed to find a dress and think of what she should do to help Elena with Stefan. She knows he isn't under control like he says he is and knew they needed to think of what Lexi would do. "Chloe?"

"Yeah."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Was all she said as she needed to find Tyler and then go get her dress.
~~~
After getting her dress, Chloe danced with Tyler at rehearsal. "Why did you kiss Kelly?"

"I was drunk."

"Yes, but that was low. Even for you." She tells him as they heard Carol tell Stefan and Elena there is no dipping.

"What's up with him?"

"I wished to know myself." She said as they were given breaks. "I'm going to get a drink."

Tyler nodded as he walked over to his mom. Chloe looked at her sister and Stefan. She could tell that Stefan wasn't his usual self. Something that made Chloe wonder if her blood had something to do with it. "Did you find your dress?"

"Yep." She said. "I hope it's perfect. I think it is for me."

"Chloe Gilbert, be yourself."

Chloe looked at the blonde and smiled as she was happy to have a friend like her. Who better to make you feel better than a friend like Caroline Forbes. Her favorite. Chloe hugged her as no one has ever said that to her before. "Thank you, Caroline."

"You're welcome, but you need to go home and rest up for tomorrow. It's our turn to shine."
~~~
The next day, Chloe sat in a room staring at her reflection. She had her hair fixed and now it was time for the dress. She heard a knock and looked at Damon. "I'm naked here."

"I can see that, but I need to tell you something." He said shutting the door. "Stefan's stealing blood bags."

"Does Elena know?"

"No. You are going to tell her."

Chloe nodded. "Tell Tyler to be ready for me."

Damon nodded as he walked out. He looked back at her and went looking for Tyler Lockwood. Seeing the boy getting a drink, he walked over and tapped his shoulder. "You will stay in here drinking. You won't escort Chloe Gilbert."

"I won't escort Chloe Gilbert." He repeated making Damon walk out as Tyler started drinking.

Upstairs, Elena couldn't get what Chloe told her. She started looking for Stefan. Chloe's name was called first causing here to walk down to see no Tyler. "I'm going to kill him." She mumbled as Damon took the spot at the bottom.

He was shocked to see Chloe. She looked beautiful. That was the moment Damon fell in love with the right doppelgänger.

Elena couldn't believe it. She didn't see Stefan, but saw Damon. She was hoping he would be there for her, but it was Chloe. Chloe looked at the blue eyed man in front of her. They waited for Elena and her new escort walk out to the stage. When the music started, every contestant bowed and started the dance the way they practiced.

Damon looked at her causing Chloe to smile. He never took his eyes off her and that made Elena upset.

Once the music ended, Damon walked off with the men and waited for the announcement. "And the winner for the Miss Mystic Falls is....Caroline Forbes."

"You did it."

"Oh my god." Caroline said as she hugged her. "I did it."
~~~
After Elena left from tricking Stefan. Chloe walked into the room and looked at Damon. "Is he going to be okay?"

"He will." He said. "Go home. Get some rest."

Chloe walked over to him and kissed him. "Don't be so hard on him."

Damon didn't say a word as she left. The image of her walking down those steps was still there. "I can't have her. She has too much ahead of her." He said not thinking that Chloe may feel the same way as he does.