Mission Impossible

|Adam's POV|

I've had a lot of highlights in my life. The birth of my first daughter, Rhea, was one of them. How things ended between her mother Lisa and I was messy to say the least. I cheated, had an affair on the road, and that was that. I was wrong. I've apologized time and time again. Through the divorce came our baby girl, Rhea.

While I thought co-parenting was doable, Lisa has made it an absolute nightmare. Paying child support was no issue, but her keeping me away from Rhea out of spite was. Now here she was emotionally abusing our daughter and letting a relative physically abuse her.

I've let Lisa get away with this for years. It's not something I'm proud of. We've been to court numerous times and they've always sided with Lisa's sob story. The courts never sided with me due to my career, but Lisa throwing in I'm a cheater and trying to take away our daughter didn't help.

Even after retiring from wrestling, the fact that I became an actor didn't help. Even being married and having two more girls didn't help my case. I had to be present for the stability Rhea needed. Little did the courts know all Lisa did was push her off to other people. No wonder Rhea had become a rebellious spitfire. She was trying to defend herself because her mother sure as hell wasn't.

Getting the call from Rhea that she was running away made my blood run cold. She was in Pittsburgh and I in Buffalo. I couldn't get there fast enough. Thankfully my best friend and her godfather, Jey, was in Pittsburgh for an AEW show. Jey, better known as Christian, was my best friend and the Godfather of all my girls. He's been by my side through everything. After Rhea hung up on me, I gave him a call.

Hello.

Jey, man. How are you?

Good. What's up Adam?

Am I catching you at a bad time? I know you're working tonight.

My screen time is over. What's going on?

It's Rhea.

What about Rhea? Is she okay?

I could hear the panic in his voice.

She ran away, again.

What happened this time?

She called me not too long ago, frantic, asking me to come get her. I know things are rough between her and her mom. I'm doing my best to fix that. Anyways, she was staying at Lisa's mother's house. Her uncle ended up slapping her. I'm sure there's more to the story. My gut is telling me I'm going to get locked up for kicking his ass. That son of a bitch touched my baby girl.

Where are you now?

Buffalo. I called Prichard letting him know I have a family emergency. I'm getting on the first flight to Pittsburgh.

Alright, I'll see what I can do. Does she have her phone?

No, just her iPad. I'm sure she'll turn off the location and only use it if necessary.

Did you tell her I was in town?

I did and I'm hoping she comes and finds you.

I hope so, too. I'll keep you posted. See you soon.

The call ended and my next call was my wife, Beth. While Lisa didn't give Rhea the love and attention she deserved, Beth never treats her differently from our younger girls. I know Rhea feels out of place when she's with us as it's not often, but that's about to change. I'll be damned if I lose her because her mother is malicious.