let our voices be heard

Hello, this is Elisha once again. I am here to state my position in my country's significant events here: the election.

I think you might have heard the said candidates that are jotted down as alarming or something between those lines, while some applauded for her clean track of records for consecutive years.

I want you to know that I, in no way shape or form, do not actively support Ferdinand "BBM" Marcos Jr. I do not actively support a thief at all.

However, as soon as I saw the unofficial tallies, BBM was leading by 31M votes over Leni with 14M votes. I felt enraged and scared for my life and as I write this, I only have two hours of sleep and am currently staying up late due to the layers of anxiety.

Marcos is not a new name for us. It was tainted with red, and all of the sufferings from the past are slowly repeating from the future that we don't fucking want.

I just want you to know that if you're from other countries, I am mourning. In fact, we are mourning. We are mourning over the hope that we all want—the good governance that we crave, for as we know that this country deserves more than a power-greedy clan and other personnel that are blinded from it.

We are mourning for the true loss of this country.

However, as a youth, our path does not end here. We are still fighting and all of this is just the beginning. May this be our fuel to change the future for every generation.

May God help us all.

This is Elisha once again, please let my voice be heard for the silent voices of the many.