Chapter Seventy-Four

It had taken Marie forever to convince Betty that she had been taken to talk to Fangs and Kevin. Apparently, when she had followed Edgar into the hallway to see lily, the hidden wire in her hoodies lining went haywire and stopped working. Betty was eventually satisfied with thinking Edgar had wanted her close friends to talk about their happy experiences at the Farm.

"So let me get this straight, the reason Cheryl has suddenly joined the Farm is because they let her talk to Jason?" Veronica asked as she, Archie, Jughead, and the Cooper twins sat down in the student lounge. "Yea. And our mom is entirely convinced that she's seeing and talking. to Charles, her long-lost son." Betty scoffed.

"And who did they let you speak to on your super secret mission, Little M?", Veronica asked with a laugh. Marie looked up from her book and stumbled to find an answer. "Oh- um, I only take to Li- the living, ha. Evernever took me to Kevin and Fangs so they could try and convince me to join." Marie said quickly, ignoring the inquisitive look from Betty due to her almost slip-up.

"I can't be the only one who isn't a fan of you playing spy kids all alone in a cult." Archie sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "You're not." Jughead piped up and Marie gave them an amused smile. "She's the only one they would have believed and hopefully, she's almost done." Betty countered as she rolled her eyes at the boy's judgment.

"What if you can prove Charles is dead. Maybe the best way to snap her out of her delusions is a harsh dose of truth." Jughead suggested as he munched on a bag of chips. "That should work..." Betty muttered as she started to scheme.

{A few days later}

Marie was leaning against the row of lockers while she waited for Betty to switch out her books for their next class when Evelyn walked up to them

Marie was leaning against the row of lockers while she waited for Betty to switch out her books for their next class when Evelyn walked up to them. "Hi, Marie. My dad says you guys have been making a lot of headway. I'm happy to hear it. Any chance you've gotten Betty to warm up to us?" The girl said hopefully.

Before Marie could respond, Betty slammed her locker shut and said, "Not a chance." Marie gave Evelyn a fake apologetic smile as Betty slung her book bag on her shoulder. "Well, on another subject... You wouldn't happen to know where you mom is would you, Betty?" Evelyn asked.

Marie looked between the girls confused, but Betty ignored her and sighed, "Am I my mother's keeper?". Evelyn kept calm and continued, "She missed bed check last night. But somebody did see you visiting her room yesterday."

"Hmm, well. I'll let you know if I find her." Betty hummed and spun on her heel, dragging Marie along with her. "What did you do to Mom!", Marie hissed. "Relax. She's in the bunker. I'm deprogramming her." Betty whispered back.

"Oh, Marie!", Evelyn called, making the twins stop and turn around. "My dad hopes you'll stop by later so you can finally have a real tour." She said with a sickly sweet smile. "Oh uh, yea." Marie said as Betty returned to pulling her down the hallway.