Chapter 1: Anndrea

Kristoff and Sven were riding in the woods like they did every once in a while. Though Kristoff was now the king, he wanted to keep his connection with the woods. Sven was unhooked from Kristoff's wagon and was eating grass beside Kristoff, who sat in the shade of a tree.

Sven's head lifted after hearing a soft noise. He tilted his head and turned away from Kristoff, facing the direction of the sound.

"What is it buddy?," Kristoff asked, looking at Sven.

Sven bellowed slightly and took a step forward before looking back at Kristoff.

"A wolf?," Kristoff asked worriedly, getting up.

Sven shook his head and twitched his ear. Kristoff, after knowing Sven for a long time, could tell what he was trying to tell him.

"You heard something?," he asked.

Sven nodded and took another step forward before looking at Kristoff and bellowing again. Kristoff started following him into the woods towards the sound.

As they got closer, Kristoff too started to hear the sound. It sounded like a little girl crying. He eventually saw a little girl sitting against a tree crying.

"Hey," Kristoff said softly, as they got closer.

The little girl looked up at him as he knelt down and she immediately backed away.

"It's okay," Kristoff said gently and softly, lifting his hands. "You don't need to be afraid."

The little girl had green eyes and straight black hair. Kristoff noticed the girl looking at Sven with fearful eyes as Sven looked at her curiosity.

"Don't worry, he's not gonna hurt you. What's your name?," he asked softly.

"Anndrea," the little girl said fearfully.

"That's a beautiful name," Kristoff replied softly. "What are you doing out here?."

"Me and my parents came here to get away from the kingdom for a while," Anndrea fearfully answered.

"You're a princess?," Kristoff asked. Anndrea nodded and Kristoff said, "I wasn't royal before but I married into a king. I know I don't look a king, my wife changed the rules a bit. Where's your parents?."

"They're dead. We were attacked by wolves and both my parents died," Anndrea said fearfully, starting to cry.

Kristoff looked down and thought for a minute. "Don't worry, you're safe now," he said comfortingly. "I'm Kristoff and the reindeer is Sven. Why don't you come with me to the castle? The maid and my wife will be able help you. Get you cleaned up, get you fed and you can stay there until we think of what to do. Okay?," Kristoff said softly.

Anndrea nodded and Kristoff got up before picking her up and putting her on Sven's back. They started walking back to the wagon and Anndrea relaxed a little bit.

"I never rode a reindeer before," she said.

"Have you ever rode in a wagon?," Kristoff asked.

"Not that I can remember," Anndrea replied.

"How old are you?."

"Eight."

"Do you have any siblings?."

"No. It's always been me and my parents. Until now," Anndrea said sadly.

Seeing her eyes get watery again, Kristoff said comfortingly, "don't worry. You're safe now. We'll help you."

They got to the wagon and Kristoff hooked Sven up and helped Anndrea into the wagon. He got in himself and they rode back to the castle.