3

A random man is currently sitting in your best friend's garage. Currently rethinking all your life choices wondering what led up to this point.

"Take it easy." The mysterious man said.

    It then sank in that it in fact was an intruder, not your imagination.

You both let out giant adrenaline-filled screams. Adam stumbled and fell, taking you down with him.

"Or, you know, fall down and scream."

You rushed to your feet to turn on the lights and Adam raised the bat in his hand.

    "Put the bat down." He raises his hand guarding his eyes against the light.

    "Who the hell are you!?" You yelled pointing a stern finger at him.

    "Just put the bat down. I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise."

    "What are you doing in here?" Adam questioned

    "Mostly bleeding" The man replied

    We sit in silence for a few seconds with the man while his eyes flicker between you and Adam.

    "Wait, how old are you two." He breaks the silence.

    You and Adam send each other questioning looks.

    You scrunch your eyebrows, "What?"

    "How old are you two," Re repeats harshly.

    "Twelve," Adam confesses.

    "Twelve..." He whispers and is silent for a moment as if he was doing math or something.

All of this was confusing and concerning for you. Why is this man in Adams garage? How did he get into Adam's garage? Why does he want to know how old we are? Why is he not hurting us? All these thoughts were running around your head as if it were a treadmill so fast you almost missed what Adam said next.

"How did you get in my dad's garage?"

"I... It was open."

"Bullshit no it wasn't. And that is a flight suit. Are you a pilot?" You questioned.

"Yeah. Yeah, listen to me, uh–"

    You were getting a bad vibe from this man. So you pulled out your phone from your back pocket ready to call 911 which is on speed dial.

    "Don't– Hey, don't call anyone. Put the phone down, I won't hurt you."

    "Yeah, you said that already."

    "Well it bears– God damn it! I- it bears repeating."

    It was just then that you noticed the giant wound with blood gushing out. That looked like it hurt just a bit./j

    "That's a lot of blood," Adam says as he looks at the blood with widened eyes.

    "Well... Well, I have so much more in my body. Where's your mother?"

    "On a date."

    "With who?"

    "What?"

    "With who? What's his name?"

    "I don't know?" Adam looked at you for help. He knew you always remembered the smallest details in people, yet don't remember the equation for finding the area of a triangle.

    "Derek." you reminded

    "Derek. Derek, Derek, Derek." He kept repeating as if he were trying to remember. "That's, yes, the guy with the, um the mouth mullet."