𝗧𝗼 𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝗝𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗵𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗸𝗶

Chapter Twenty-Nine

To catch a Jinchuriki, you need bait.

In this case, y/n was the bait.

It isn't likely for a Jinchuriki to form a special bond with someone, especially with all the hate they receive.

But what if that Jinchuriki befriends a fellow outcast?

What then?

Well, as the saying goes, birds of a feather flock together. And if you catch one bird, surely it'll lead you to the others. Sometimes with a little time and persuasion.

Not very easy when the bird is stubborn as hell.
But... fear was always a good persuader.

Fear was the only thing y/n could feel as the two Jonin and her two captors started fighting. She really wouldn't have the chance to make a run for Kurenai, not when she as busy fighting.

Y/n didn't trust Mister Pointy Beard enough to run to him for safety though... she was pretty sure he'd drop kick her.

But, this was a learning opportunity!
She had no choice but to just sit and watch.

Y/n's eyes were focused on the shake man as he swung that wrapped up blade of his, the thing slamming down against the chakra blades which Mister Pointy Beard wore.

While he was keeping Kisame from approaching any further, the two battling in a test of strength, Kurenai breezed through some hand signs y/n failed to keep up with and literally melted into thin air.

It clicked immediately for y/n. 'Genjutsu!'

Y/n didn't know who to look at now.
The two meatheads or the genjutsu geeks.

"My sword, Samehada..."

Y/n snapped her attention back to shark man as he suddenly pulled his sword away, literally hacking off the skin on Mister Pointy Beard's arm from where the blade made contact.

The sight of blood was first.
The sound of shredding fabric and ripping flesh.
Then that awful smell of blood.

Y/n cupped her hands over her mouth and nose with a wide eyed look as the bandages on this... Samehada... ripped off and shredded through a small part of Mister Pointy Beard's arm.

That 💩 definitely hurt.

The scream y/n wanted to let out died in her throat when she got a look at the sword. It was ugly as hell!

"...it doesn't cut, but lops it off!"

Silence.

"Lops what off?" y/n asked, genuinely curious.
Her curiosity overcame her fear.

The moment the Shark Man fixed her with that creepy stare, her curiosity disappeared and was replaced by fear again.

"N-Nevermind..."

The air slightly shifted and y/n blinked in surprise, realizing that one of the Genjutsu Geeks was preparing to attack.

Y/n was a lil worried for Mister Pointy Beard though, that injury could get infected. Nobody knew how old those nasty bandages on the sword were nor how much bacteria that shark skin was carrying.