~Chapter #32~

Vineet trails down the memory lane. He remembers the time when he was a kid and reminisces the time with his mother. The time was good, except for his memories of his father. Vineet has always craved a father’s love which was fulfilled by Ruhana’s dad. After all, his own father has turned indifferent to him.

He hates his father. He hates taking his name. He doesn’t want to remember him. All he wants to remember is his mom, whom he loves dearly. All he’s here is for his mom. Even Ruhana’s mother tells him the same that his mom is watching him from heaven and he has to make her dreams come true.

Vineet is immersed in his past. He’s scared, his heart begins to beat at a fast pace and he is shivering. Remembering the moment still gives him goosebumps. He trails down the memory lane.

*Flashback Begins*

That night, Vineet wakes up due to the warm temperature. And thirst. He picks his water mug and drinks some water. He keeps the mug on the side table, and begins to lie down on the bed when he hears some voices. Actually muffled screams.  HE recognises it — it’s his mom.

Though scared, little Vineet takes baby steps towards his parents’ room. The door of the room is slightly ajar. He peeps in the room and the scenario leaves him astonished.

He could see his father holding his mom’s hair harshly and is scolding her for something. Another slap on her cheek and a push when the lady falls on the floor and hits the table kept in the corner. She screams in pain but the man shows no mercy and again pulls her up, holding her hair.  Actually, threatening the lady.

Little Vineet was astonished and couldn’t control himself. He screams for his mom. Inside the room, when his father feels a sound, he leaves his mom and walks towards the door. Vineet gets scared and runs back to his room and closes the door. On the other hand, his father opens the door but finds no one. He didn’t pay a heed that his son might have seen him mistreating his mom. He closes the door with a bang  and  get busy with what he was doing.

Little Vineet was still sweating. He was already scared of his dad but he didn’t know that he mistreats his mother, beats her and giver her pains. He couldn’t take it, after all he’s merely 7-year-old and he can’t do anything for his mom.

*Flashback Ends*

Vineet comes out of his trance. He’s still sweating, he’s breathing heavily. That incident still gives him goosebumps. After that incident, he never saw his mom. Being a little boy, he was told that an accident at home took her life. But, it didn’t affect his father. When his father came to take him, he denied to go. Vineet trails back into the past.

*Flashback begins*

At the time of his mom’s death, Ruhana’s parents took his care. It was another day and both Ruhana and Vineet were sitting in Ruhana’s room. The girl was trying to cheer him up whilst he’s sitting silently. Ruhana is trying to talk to Vineet but he’s not responding. He is just sitting, staring into nothingness.

Meanwhile,  a man enters the room. Little Ruhana thinks it to be her dad.

“Dad!  You say we should knock before we enter anyone’s room. Aap kyun nahi karte!  This is my room.” The girl says innocently.

“I just came here to take away my son. Vineet, let’s go.” His father says in his deep and dangerous tone.

“No! I don’t want to go.” Vineet shifts back on the bed with Ruhana by his side.

“You have to! We’re leaving this city. Come on!” His father says adamantly.

“No! I don’t want to go! You killed my mom!” Vineet shouted at his dad and he is shocked.

“Beta! It was an accident.” He tries to convince Vineet but the latter is not ready to understand.

“ Noo! You killed her.  Aapki wajah se wo mere pas nahi hain. Main nahi jaunga aapke sath.” He shouts with all the energy he has.

Vineet’s father gets angry and holds his wrist tightly. He is adamant on taking Vineet along with him Though he knows how did his mother die?  Due to extreme torture and all that he did with his wife, took his life. Vineet is too small to understand all of that but he knows that his parents don’t share a good relationship. He has always seen his mother crying in his father’s presence. For him, his father is his mom’s murderer and he can’t bear him in front of himself.

Meanwhile, Ruhana’s parents enter the room and Vineet runs and hides behind her mom. His father is still adamant but Ruhana’s dad somehow pushes his dad outside the house and warned him if he tried to come near either Vineet or Ruhana, he will file a complaint against him in the police station.

Later, Vineet tells them that he wants to live with them and he feels safe in their presence. Ruhana’s parents didn’t waste any time and took him under his care. Now, her parents were Vineet’s guardians too and he started calling them Maa and dad just like Ruhana.

Ever since then, they have been a small family of four people. Ruhana has been trying to cheer him ever since she was four-years-old. It’s been a long time since then.

*Flashback Ends*

Vineet comes out of his trance. His eyes are teary. Ever since his mom left him, he has turned silent. It is Ruhana who’s  trying to cheer him up and does things as per his taste while he has been indifferent to her. He remembers how she requested him for the trip but he didn’t agree. But when the next day, his teachers gave him the responsibility, he got ready.

She’s constantly trying to make him happy, she wants to  reduce his pain and wants to see him happy. But, he has always served silence to her. Today, she’s doing the same. It’s been one whole day and she hasn’t talked to him. She is hurt and he knows it. She has never been this angry at him, actually, she just mocks anger at him. 

He thought that she’d be kidding but no, the girl is very serious. He sighs deeply. He’s so used to her that now he is feeling an emptiness. Emptiness not only around him but in his heart as well.

He sighs and decides to make a call to Ruhana. He makes a call  and luckily Ruhana picks up the call. But before he could say anything, she says something to him that leaves him astonished as he didn’t think that she’ll say that to him.

He sighs. She is certainly angry and he has to convince her. No matter how hard it is, he is determined to do that.

To Be Continued.

What did Ruhana say?

Will they patch up?

Stay tuned..