Chapter 15

I was feeling guilty.

Sitting in the back seat of the taxi, heading towards the studio, my thoughts did not leave Camila and all the recent events. The landscape of L.A. passed quickly and the taxi driver listened to some music that I had no idea. I broke the contract. I broke the exclusive contract I had with Camila, and now I felt like I had betrayed her, even if we were not a couple. I acted in the heat of the moment, letting myself be carried away by the  desire for Normani and the disappointment I felt because of the latest events between Camila and me. My life was extremely confusing and I had no idea what to do, I didn't know if I should tell Camila or leave it a secret. The taxi stops in front of the entrance to Universal, and I hand the money to the taxi driver, jumping out of the car and getting ready for the meeting with Camila.

Soon I'm in studio 4, having curious looks from the staff. Drake is sitting in his chair, talking to one of the supporting actors. I barely open my mouth and he's already saying:

- You're late Jauregui. - He says calmly, dismissing the actor and turning his blue eyes at me.

- Er... - I Stutter, thinking of an excuse.

- I don't want to hear it, Lauren. Be late once again and I forget Camila's recommendation and put you on the street. Speaking of her, she's in her dressing room and said that as soon as you arrive you are to go see her. - I say goodbye to Drake with an embarrassed nod, going to Camila's dressing room. Her name is on her door, I knock.

- Come in. - I hear her voice speak.

The moment I step in the dressing room, I have a wonderful view. Camila is wearing very short denim shorts and was only wearing a red bra, eye drops. I try to look discreet and unaffected by her amazing body.

- Hey. I heard you wanted to talk to me. What is it? - I sit on a sofa next to her, and look at her inexpressive face.

- Yes, I was. I wanted to look you in the eye first of all.

- Before what?

- Before I consider the idea that you are breaking our contract with my best friend. What were you doing at Normani's house so early?

Her brown eyes seem to do an X-ray exam of me, looking for answers in my body language. I swallow dry with her words, and hearing her speak like this left me doubly guilty. - We went to look at my training. I remember that the contract requires me to be in good shape, and I've been eating some crap, so I went to her. That's all.

She seems visibly relaxing with my words, that I tried to pass on naturalness, and I feel bad, wanting to stick my head inside the toilet and then kneel at her feet. Camila sighs, taking my hand, making invisible drawings on them. - I know that sometimes I'm a little hot headed, but I want you to understand that this is new to me. All this I'm feeling... - She interrupts herself, looking at me and I see despair in her eyes. She is again apologizing to me, and the only person who should be doing that is me.

- Look, I understand you. Your work is stressful, we are different people, but do you remember that day I went to your house and you apologized to me? That we would solve all this? - My fingers pass on her beautiful face and she leans over, taking advantage of my affection. She was so beautiful... and so wonderful.

- I'm not a romantic person, Lauren. I'm not a person who dates, who does things as a couple. I'm not like that.

- I know. But I want to try. I want to make this contract work, Camz. - She has a small smile when she hears Camz. I do the same.

- I like when you call me Camz.

- And I like to see the effect it has, when I call you that baby girl.