Chapter Thirty-One- You Were Warned.

Zurich

How we come from this I'm not sure. I was just getting accustomed to even being in a relationship...with a human no less now...I've all but made it all worse. I'm sure I have.

I toss the bottle of vermouth back. Ahh fuck, man! I needed something stronger. As drunk as I am, the pain seemed to be more than the alcohol could combat.

"Clearly, you need something stronger, " her voice echoed as she walked into the wreck room. Between the bar table, the pool table and she stood, and as I looked up I noticed she was naked with her silk robe opened to show her hard nipples, her olive skin sparkles under the yellow lighting in the room and her deep, steady breathing made her toned stomach move to the rhythm of her lungs. Her hair was in a high ponytail with extensions down to her waist. My lips parted as I took her in.

"We've been having too much fun these past couple of days to stop now." she smiled. I looked at her...and immediately thought of my A'Miza. I knew this was bad. I knew this wasn't how these relationship things went...and yet I've found myself entangled with Naforah in a moment of weakness. I shook my head. Today I fucked her so hard, we broke the bed in her room. I was uncontrollably angry.

"Naforah, not tonight." Not after all I've done...after what I heard inside of her on that balcony...not after the way I panicked and walked away, leaving her standing there alone on that balcony. I shook my head as I remembered hearing two distinct heartbeats coming from her and...and under the adrenaline and anger and pain I was already feeling— catching her about to end her life— well she said it wasn't her, but at the time, my mind only perceived what it saw. I was angry...tipsy and the last thing I needed... or would have even thought... was that she'd be... pregnant.

The word alone made my whole body tense. I emptied the vermouth and grabbed the Wray and Nephew whites rum from the counter. I can't believe it. Could I have been wrong? Could I have heard wrong? I hardly see how that could ever be. I heard it.

I could hardly deal with her being sick....I almost lost my mind. Now, she was sick and with child. Both because of me. I am not cut out to love a human.

Fuck... but, I loved her. I love the little witch in a way I can't even grasp and yet still at the very same time I hate her whole state of being and now that she's pregnant, I can't even change her. I can't make her stronger. She'll stop growing...stop growing the ba—

I felt angry all of a sudden.

Does she even want it? Do I? This is not the way this should have gone. I suppose I shouldn't worry about the crown anymore. Her nature and my nature forbid me to even think about that. Especially now that we are both wanted.

I had a bitter taste in my mouth. If she allowed me to change her...it could change a lot about our situation. I'd feel more confident in it. Not that she'd let me change her anyway. She was so sick before we came and she never let me...almost like she was content with her powers possibly killing her.

"What the hell is your problem?" Naforah scowled at me. I don't look at her, only at the rum as I open it.

I knew how I ended up inside of her again. Iminan told me that he was in love with her— A'Miza, and instead of bashing his face in, I dealt with my anger another way. A way I knew even in my drunken confused state was something she'd never forgive.

The feeling...the memory made me feel sick. Fuck! I fucked up.

I tossed back some more of the rum and made it burn my throat, going down.

Maybe at that moment, I didn't want to be forgiven either. I wanted to be thrown aside like an old rag. I wanted her to hate me, curse my name and leave me! I felt at the time—and even now, that I was just not equipped to be with someone so fragile. I'm just not. I've lost all I was ready to lose. And I knew that. But A'Miza felt like a risk I could safely take...one that I had to take, I was drawn to her against my better judgement. I was wrong. I went over there to leave her...or at least tell her what I'd done with Naforah and have her leave me. I felt guilty. After sex with Naforah, I was more or less sober and the feeling of pain and insecurity filled me back up. So, I fucked her repeatedly, day after day, violently. I knew I was in over my head thinking I could be with A'Miza. I tried telling her about what I've been doing—all I've done. I tried to tell her I'm not the man for her. I knew I was no longer worthy of her. I can't face her right now. I can't see her.