Short Story 1; Minds Changed

"No, you have some before I finish it," Merlin's plan beforehand was cruel, to Morgana and himself. He ended up deciding against using the hemlock poison, and instead making the same potion Gaius had made for Arthur, so that Uther would shed tears and stop the enchantment from the troll.

"Thank you," Morgana lightly breathes out before placing the bottle to her mouth. At first, everything seems normal, but a few moments after, she collapses, being caught by Merlin. He places her in his lap and hopes Morgause comes for the bait.

Once he looks up and thinks he can rewrite destiny, the doors of the throne room blast open with a concerned Morgause running towards them. "What has he done to you?" she pushes Merlin away from her and takes Morgana into her own side. Morgause takes her pulse, 'yes,' Merlin thinks to himself, she thinks she's dead at the moment.

"No, she still has time, only if you stop the attack," Merlin stands straight, ordering Morgause with confidence.

"You're just a simple servant, you don't tell me what to do. Now tell me what you used on her," Morgause is mad, driven with fury towards the Warlock. "Now!"

She launches Merlin into a wall, making him crumble as he lands. He doesn't let the encounter weaken him, or make him appear vulnerable.

"Stop the attack and I will cure her myself!" he orders her one final time. He decides if she doesn't prevent the Knights of Medhir, he'll figure it out himself. Except the noise of swords clashing together enters the room with Arthur mostly defending himself against many Knights.

Morgause ponders for a second, looking from Morgana to the floor. "Astyre us thanonweard! Cnihtas Medhires, eower sawles sind min sawles. Rid eft ond forsleah eft!" The knights then collapse, signalling that she has lifted the spell. "Give me the antidote."

"You're not doing anything to her Morgause," Arthur stands over her and knocks her out with a punch to the face.

Merlin rushes over to Morgana, pulling the antidote out of his pocket and pouring a few droplets into her mouth. "What are you doing Merlin?" Arthur questions his actions as people begin to arrive into the room.

After Merlin refuses to respond, after Arthur ties up Morgause and gives her to the guards, he walks over to Merlin and Morgana and asks again, "Merlin, what is that?"

"It's the antidote to the potion I gave her to force Morgause to undo the magic that drove the Knights, if Morgana seemed to be in mortal danger, she would have no choice but to comply," he explains, caressing Morgana's forehead as she stirs in her unconscious state.

"Arthur," Uther, "What is the meaning of this?" 

"Morgause attacked the kingdom with the Knights of Medhir, she had also cast a sleeping spell on the people of Camelot," Uther becomes confused, and looks upon his son.

"You managed to defeat a sorceress and the seven Knights of Medhir, how?" Uther questions Arthur with curiosity.

"Well, uh, I was defending this room from the knights and well, Merlin here, uh, Merlin explain what you did," Arthur tells him as he stutters.

"Well, I managed to create a potion to give Morgana, just so I could stop Morgause, that's all milord. To her, she seemed dead, or close to, so I knew I could force her to stop the attack," it's the truth, no lies are being told here.

To Arthur, Merlin seems as a clumsy fool, but today has shown him something, something in Merlin, but he has no idea what it is. As for Uther, the only thing on his mind; 'a servant stopped a sorceress from taking the kingdom, how embarrassing,' and it shows.

"It seems you have saved lives today, you shall be rewarded," Uther demands blankly as he walks over to his son. "Arthur, see to it that your manservant gets a good reward," this command seems to get a reaction out of Merlin.

"With respect milord, I do not save Camelot for a reward, I do it as my duty to Arthur."

"Very well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's past midnight, and all Merlin can currently hear, is the dragon's call.