The Flower-covered corpse

Lifting her hand in front of her face, Amara squinted her eyes and watched as a blue flower sprouted from her palm.
She smiled and squatted onto the grass whilst looking at the corpse of a woman that lay there.
Twisting the flower between her fingers, Amara tucked the stem behind the woman's ear. The woman's body was a dark haunting blue and her limbs were twisted at odd angles.
She knew that the corpse would soon awake, ready to prowl the night forever. At least, until a Champion put the now, fallen woman to rest.
Champions were known as the saviors in her village. They protected the citizens from the fallen, using their blades and powers to put the flesh eaters to rest.
Long ago, people had been fine. Thriving, even. Kingdoms grew quickly and powerful Monarchs had rose to power.
Soon, a deadly virus had spread, forcing it's victims to eternally walk the earth as brainless creatures. Or so the scripts say.
For now though, Amara focused on quickly sprouting more flowers from her palms and weaving them into the woman's ripped clothes.
No official cure to the virus had been found besides the flora that her and her people could create. The flowers were, for some reason, able to make the Fallen passive.
This meant that the more flowers Amara could get on this corpse before the soon-coming sunset, the better.
Looking up, Amara gasped. The sky was red and the sun hung low, nearly touching the horizon of grassy hills ahead.
She looked down at the women's corpse, now with clusters of flowers tightly tucked in her hair and clothing.
She sighed and stood up turning her back to the corpse. Amara could see her village in the far distance with its glimmering lights and high walls.
Suddenly, she heard a rustle behind her. Spinning around, she came eye to eye with the woman. The Fallen corpse had her mouth open and huffed ragged breathes into Amaras face.
In a Swift movement, the Fallen Woman grabbed Amara's arm and bit down.