Chapter 2

TW: ABUSE and Drugging Drinks

Sarah and Ahk had been talking for a few days. They knew more about each other than their friends and family knew. Ahk wondered where her many scars, cuts, and bruises came from, but he didn't want to pry. He just hoped Sarah would tell him soon.

Sarah felt that if she was going to leave Billy, she would need someone on her side. Maybe someone to protect her, but she didn't want to chance ruining what they had. Not yet.

"Larry tells me you won't be coming tomorrow, is this true?"

Sarah pondered for a moment, wondering why she wouldn't be there before saying, "Oh yeah. Prom night."

She then explained the prom after seeing Ahk's confused expression.

"So, this prom, is... going to a 'fancy' place to dance," Ahk questioned.

Sarah nodded in agreement.

"And who will be acompanying you to the dance?"

Sarah tensed. She forgot she and Ahk had linked arms because otherwise, she wouldn't have let herself.

"Sarah, please don't tell me..."

This was the first time Ahk had actually said her name in conversation. Sarah was consumed by guilt and butterflies. When she was about to answer, he hugged her. Sarah caught a glimpse of his eyes, Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth kings, a literal Egyptain pharaoh, was crying over her. Crying, she threw her arms around Ahk and cried. Unlike what Billy would've done, Ahk held her and mumbled egyptain into her ear.

"Its gonna be ok" and "I won't let anything happen to you" could be heard along with heavy sobs. Ahk was better at calming her down than any other person she'd ever met. Every thought of Billy had left her mind. She had almost completely forgotten him until she heard that dreaded voice,

"Sarah! Come out here I need you to put on this dress! S? Are you crying? SOMEBODY LET ME THROUGH THIS DOOR!"

"Ahk, lock the door, lock the door, lock the door," She mumbled, fearing for their lives.

Billy had come to her work. She wanted to pull away from Ahk's grasp, but something deep inside told her to stay. That same thing told her that he wouldn't let anything happen to her. Perhaps it was because he said it, maybe it was because she was desperate, but she believed that little voice that told her to stay. She gripped onto Ahk more as Billy burst through the door.

"SO THIS IS WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU'RE 'WORKING' HUH?"

Ahk gently lead her to sit down on his sarcophagus and walked over to Billy.

"SARAH LANCASTER GET OVER HERE! NOW" Billy was screaming, she heard Larry and Ahk tell her not to, but she did anyway.

Larry watched as he grabbed her arm tightly, "Look, we don't want to hurt you, but if you don't let go of her arm we're gonna fight."

"Here, I got you this dress and food, but I guess you don't want it." He said, setting the drink and food in her hands.

"I spent a ton of money on this so you'd better eat it." He said, Sarah hesitently drank a sip of the liquid. It tasted a bit off, but Sarah thought nothing of it. She assumed it was just flat.

"So fine, take the idiot back!" Billy said as he attempted to walk out.

The word attempted was used because Ahk was now grabbing his arm. Sarah wanted to grab Ahk's arm and tell him it wasn't worth it, but she was currently being held back by Larry.

"Ahk- don't! Please don't!" Sarah begged, Billy was going to hurt Ahk.

Billy punched Ahk in the face. Sarah screamed, thinking that he was badly hurt. The thing was, Ahk acted as though his fist never even landed. She watched as Ahk hit him back harder, making him fall to the ground with a bloody face. Ahk's "jackal guardian things" as Sarah called them, began to walk in front of her as well. It was like they were trying to protect her. Larry tied him up and took him to the lobby, planning on getting him arrested when the sun came up. Sarah hadn't realized she was crying until Ahk wiped away her tears. He sat next to her, pulling something out of a bag he had. Where he bag came from Sarah still doesn't know. He kept whatever it was out of Sarah's sight, however.

"When I was younger, my mother always told me that when I found a lady I loved, I should never just sit by and watch her cry," Ahk said, putting something on her head, "So i'd like you to have this."

Sarah felt the top of her head, realizing Ahk had put a tiara on her head. Smiling, she and Ahk hugged. Both of them secretly wanted the other to lean in, but they didn't. Sarah noticed that when she looked down the tiara became increasingly heavy. Trying to avoid his eyes, Sarah looked down. She noticed how Ahk was looking at her eyes while she traced her eyes over his face. She had just taken in how incredibly handsome he was, especially for a 3 or 4,000-year-old pharaoh. When she looked away she looked down again. It was at this point that Ahk felt he should do something more than just give her a tiara. He noticed her looking down, almost looking disapointed. He put a hand on her cheek and tilted her head up to meet his eyes. When he did this Ahk noticed that Sarah was crying.

"Angel, what's wrong?"

"Ahk, I don't know what to say. Thank you."

"Its my pleasure. Mother always said that princesses should never cry."

In truth, Ahk had noticed how scared Sarah got around Billy. When she was scared, he felt as if his sole purpose was to protect her. When she was crying, the only thing he wanted to do was help her. Was this what love felt like?

Sarah made a mental note to thank Ahk's mother if they ever met. She had just realized how special Ahk made her feel. He made her feel loved, more loved than anyone else had made her feel. With Billy, she felt beneath everyone and everything, but with Ahk she felt like a queen. Was it so wrong... to like that feeling?