Chapter four

Only a few weeks after the prom and Sarah's graduation, Larry's company took off. He became a national influence and he got everything he could ever want. Sarah was disappointed, to say the least. Looking after the museum and spending time with Ahk took up most of her night. She slept most of the day as well, so it was hard to spend time with her family. She felt isolated. She only realized how much she cherished spending time with them when they were about to be shipped off to the Smithsonian.

"What am I going to do without them?" Sarah thought aloud one day, not thinking anyone could hear her.

"It'll be alright, angel." Said a voice from behind her.

It was from the person she had been wanting to see most, Ahkmenrah.

"Oh, hey." She said in a sad tone.

Sarah hadn't gotten to see him much lately. Maybe they weren't meant to be.

"Don't think like that, my queen." He said as if he read the girl's mind. Ahk put a hand on her shoulder.

Sarah turned around and hugged Ahk as tightly as she could. He always knew how to make her better.

"I got something for you." She said to the pharaoh, handing him a box.

He opened it to find that she had given him a ring that resembled the one his mother always wore. Ahk had told her about it a while ago and Sarah searched for it ever since.

Ahkmenrah began to tear up at the thought of his mother. At that moment he realized that he would never be able to see her again.

"And there's something else I need you to know." Sarah said hesitantly.

Ahk nodded to show he was listening before Sarah continued.

"The board had a meeting this morning, they're moving all of the exhibits to a different museum. They should be keeping the signature exhibits like you, Rexy, and Teddy, but I don't know how long you'll stay." She said.

Ahk immediately went into problem-solving mode.

"Well is there anything we can do? I mean maybe exposing what the tablet does could-" He was cut off by Sarah kissing him.

"There's only one person who might be able to stop it. I need to call Larry."

~time skip~

"Larry, you're back!" Sarah said, hugging her friend.

"I called the board this morning. They said there isn't anything they can do."

Sarah's heart dropped. Her entire future had been rearranged. She was going to go to college in New York! She was going to have a relationship with Ahk! But now all of that was ruined. She couldn't be with all of them in the federal archives. What was she going to do?

"Are you sure? I mean, there's no way- there has to be something we can-they get shipped off in the morning!" Sarah felt her breathing quicken.

"AHK!" Larry yelled for the Egyptian. He was the only person who could calm her.

"Yes, Larry?" He said, entering the room.

Larry motioned toward the girl who was now hugging her knees.

"A- Ahk- I- I'm sorry-" She stuttered.

"Why, Angel?" He asked in a soft, comforting manner, as he helped her up.

"I can't do anything to help you or them! I'm an absolute failure!" She screamed, pulling away from him and falling back to the floor.

Why, just why did she have to act this way whenever she got upset? Why couldn't she be normal and just cry? Then she realized something was wrong. She had always been able to keep herself standing once her breathing evened out. It was like her legs had given out, something that had never happened before. She looked down at her hands slightly, thought she knew what they would look like. As if it were only seen by her, her hands radiated a light blue color. It might be a good time to mention that they did the same thing when she made Billy fly.