Prologue

This idea just came to me and I thought I would love to share it.

Well, here I am, hehe.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy this new novel of mine!

•-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-•

'Thoughts'
"Dialogues"
Flashback/Noises

A loud resonant sound rang through the school hallways.

'Ugh...'

The short-haired girl held herself back before getting wounded badly against the lockers. She reached for her aching arm and held it tightly so the blood wouldn't spread.

"You should open your eyes next time you're walking, mongrel~"

The dark navy-haired girl stood in front of the fallen girl against the lockers with a smug smile spread across her face.

The short-haired girl glared at her with hateful eyes. She gritted her teeth making a squeaky noise out of her thin, closed lips. She stopped and fearfully looked up to see the other's reaction.

"Yuri, I think we should splash her to grab her senses back!"

The dark navy-haired girl cried out to the red-haired girl behind her.

Yuri silently gazed at the fallen girl with a cold, fiery gaze. Her slim figure stood out against the tight jeans and shirt. A loose tie lay on top of her shirt waving lightly.

"We need to get to class, Harley."

She gently nodded her head in her friend's direction to follow and turned her body coldly away from the lockers.

Harley hurriedly ran after Yuri's back but didn't forget to turn her head and look at the fallen girl with a disgusting gaze.

Tak Tak Tak

The girl stared at the two departing backs until they faded away. Once she finds out they are gone, she mumbles in relief.

"...Hah."

She carefully looked at her blood-stained sleeve that was once white and stared at it in fear. She rolled up her long-sleeve upwards and scanned the 'small' wound.

"It's not as serious as I thought it would be!"

She looked at the wound happily and wrapped it with a bandage from her skirt's pocket.

'I will deal with this after I deal with these clothes...'

The girl cautiously looked around the hallway. Seeing no sight of any student or staff, she slowly got up and staggeringly ran towards the restroom she normally goes to.

She carefully locked the restroom door. She leaned her head, placing her ear against the door frame, and listened. After reconfirming that no one was outside, she walked to the mirror and looked up at it.

She raised her uninjured arm and reached toward the glass. Placing her small hand against it, she murmured with hope once again within her eyes.

Ring—

Before she could get what she hoped for, a ringtone rang from her waist bag. Time had passed unknowingly to her. She tiredly looked at the bag with disappointment.

The girl picked up her old phone and looked at the caller ID.

'Mom'

"Huh? Why did she suddenly call during school..?"

She frowned in annoyance but fear crept inside of her looking for the reason she called.

"Ah—"

She silently screamed in horror at what she found out about the possible reasons. She hurriedly changed her bloodstained shirt to a clean one from her bag. She tightened up the wrinkled navy skirt and neatly fixed her tie.

She carefully scanned her body through the long and wide mirror.

Looking at her messy brown hair and dirty face, she quietly fixed it up with a brush she found on top of the sink counter brushed it neatly, and washed her face and hands with the available water she had in her bag.

Scanning her school uniform to reconfirm, she placed her black sneakers carefully against her white stockings in place.

She didn't hesitate and ran out of the restroom with an expressionless face, holding her bag's shoulder strap tightly.

The mirror stood there alone in the restroom. A slight light gleamed against its glass then faded away...

AKS