10 • Surprise! Surprise!

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. Jeno woke up early at eight thirty -- without an alarm clock, that is. He checked his phone and saw a message from Donghyuck in their group chat. Dinner at my place. See you at 5!

"Who even sends invites at seven in the morning?" He grunted. He got off the bed and did his morning routine.

Jeno went down and found Mark and their parents having breakfast together. Mark saw him and greeted, "You're up early. Come, join us." Their parents turned their heads to Jeno.

Jeno nodded. "Good morning." He walked towards their mother and kissed the top of her head, "Hi, mom. Hi, dad."

"Hey, sweetheart." She was delighted to see the family complete in one table for breakfast.

"Good morning." Their father peeked over the newspaper he was reading.

"Isn't this lovely? This only happen once in a while. What do want for breakfast, Jeno?"

"It's okay, mom. I can help myself." He poured himself a cup of coffee and got two toasts.

"Have you seen Hyuck's invite?" Mark inquired.

"Yeah. Are you going?"

"I have prior appointments. I can't be there by five but I'll catch up. I'll try to be there at six."

"Oh, okay. I'm sure they will understand." Jeno assured and Mark nodded.

"How was your date last night, Jeno?" Their mom chimed in.

"Date?" Their dad and Mark chorused.

"It's a dinner, mom." Jeno deadpanned.

"She finally called and even had a date with you. That's awesome, dude!" Mark turned to his brother looking all stunned.

"That's practically the same but okay." Their mom rolled her eyes at Jeno. "Everything went well?"

"Yes, last night was perfect. I find her very interesting."

"How so?" Their dad suddenly got intrigued at the topic and folded the newspaper that he was reading.

"Oh my God." Jeno muttered.

"What?" Their dad retorded.

"I'm out of here. Good luck." Mark stood up from his seat at patted his brother's shoulder.

"Mark!" Jeno scowled. He grabbed his coffee and toasts and followed Mark, leaving their parents at the dining who were shaking their heads.

"Boys."

Jeno finished his breakfast in Mark's room. He told his brother about their dinner and their walk at the lake. Of course, Jeno left out details on what Jieun had opened up with him. Even if the brothers tell everything to each other, Jeno still respected her privacy. She trusted him with her thoughts and that is his to keep.

"What's her name again?"

"Kim Jieun."

"Kim Jieun.." Mark tilted his head when he heard her name and repeated it. "I think I heard her name somewhere. Well, it could be anywhere." He just shrugged.

Mark's expression didn't go unnoticed by Jeno but he didn't find it neccessary to put a question to it. Yeah, she couldn't be the only one with that name. The two fell silent until Jeno's phone rang. It was Donghyuck calling.

"What's up?"

"Jeno, I'm outside." Donghyuck blurted. His voice sounded hoarse and low.

"Huh?"