20 • The Sweet Goodbye

Jieun went to the Lee's early in the morning. She suggested that they should eat breakfast with Mark as a thanks for letting Jeno off early at the meeting yesterday. If it weren't for him maybe, just maybe, everything would have been a little different. They might not have spent longer time with each other and exchanged their 'I love you's' for the first time. Yesterday was a very special day for them and it just happened that Mark was in the middle of it which makes him special in their relationship too, at least for Jieun.

She arrived at the Lee's residence and was greeted by her boyfriend.

"Good morning, Jieun." He gave her a peck on the lips.

"Hi, baby. Good morning."

"How was your morning drive?"

"I loved it. I think I need to get up early and do it more often. Have a little drive around the city. Find a park, sit down, drink coffee and enjoy the morning breeze."

"Yeah? We should do that sometimes, babe." He put an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him as they walked inside the house.

"We should, babe. I would love that." She beamed at him.

They saw Mark coming down from the stairs as they got in the house. Damn, does he always look like this early in the morning? Jieun almost gawked at him. He looked glorious in his office attire.

"Oh, hey guys. Good morning!" He waved at the couple.

"Hi, Mark!" She walked towards Mark and gave him a tight hug. "Good morning,"

"O-kayy," Mark shot a curious look at Jeno and his younger brother just shrugged at him. Mark returned the hug and pat her back softly. "Good morning, princess. How are you?"

"Really really good, Mark. How are you? Haven't seen you for a while. You're too busy."

"That's good to hear, Jieun. Right, I'm quite busy at the company lately but I'm doing great, nonetheless, thank you. Good thing Jeno is here to help me with work. I can just ask him to come with me in the office if I need an extra hand."

"Good to know." Jieun smiled at her boyfriend. She held his hand and gave it a light squeeze.

The trio were now settled at the dining table with the breakfast served. Mark moved his plate from the head of the table to the side so he would sit across from them, facing the couple.

"Jieun insisted on having breakfast here with you today." Jeno started as he poured a cup of coffee for his girlfriend.

"With me? To what do I owe the pleasure, princess?" Mark acted clueless but as soon as he got home last night, Jeno already told him about what happened. He knew that the couple said those special words to each other. He knew why she was here. He was actually touched when his brother told him that Jieun wanted to spend the morning with him even just for a bit before he goes off to work.

"Just because," Jieun replied trying to hide her smile.

"Is that so? What is it really? Come on, Jieun. Tell me." Mark waited for her response before starting his breakfast.

Jeno's phone rang. "I need to take this call. Excuse me." Jieun nodded at him and stood up.

It was as if Jieun was waiting for Jeno to leave. She started talking properly to Mark after he left the table. " So.. we dropped the 'L-bomb' yesterday." Jieun landed her eyes on Mark as she anticipated for his reaction.

"You did? Wow, that's.." Mark chuckled at her. She looked adorable when she blushed a little when she told him that. "I'm really happy for the both of you, Jieun."