𝟭 | Mark

Donghyuck can see and hear spirits. He listens to them and then seeks justice - the boy assists the police to find their bodies and helps the restless spirits. Donghyuck is fine with that, it's fun to work with the police and get money... But everything changes when Donghyuck meets a female spirit who claims that his roommate Mark killed her over the summer.

Donghyuck was different ever since he started his puberty.

Some of his classmates had pimples and really annoying creaky voices but not Donghyuck. Of course, he also went through that, but something way more unusual was happening in his life.

Donghyuck started hearing spirits.

He saw them when he was younger, but he wasn't able to hear them. Only when he started his teenage years did he hear their voices. Since it was a brand new experience, there was a lot to learn. Spirits were talking over each other, confusing Donghyuck so much to the point his head started to hurt.

But little by little, Donghyuck learned how to listen and talk to them. The only rule was to avoid talking to them with other people around. Donghyuck saw a lot of judging faces when he first accidentally talked to a spirit out loud, in a supermarket.

"He killed you?" he gasped in surprise, drawing people's attention to him.

"W-what's wrong with the kid?"

If not for his mom, Donghyuck would actually have thought that there was something wrong with his head. Because of the supportive woman, Donghyuck understood that he was special.

"Your grandfather had the same ability. He also claimed to have seen spirits too. It's normal in our family."

Together with her, they visited lots of places only to find out that Donghyuck was a medium, "a person through whom the spirits of the dead are alleged to be able to contact the living."

Donghyuck told her what the spirits begged him for justice. They told him about the bad people (killers, in other words) and what did they do to them. Thirteen-year-old Donghyuck was terrified by how disgusting the world was! Because of the spirits, he found out how merciless the killers could actually be.

Killers were doing everything! They sliced heads, cut fingers, and broke bones. Knowing that it was happening in real life, Donghyuck always ditched watching scary movies with his friends.

One day Donghyuck decided to answer the desperate call of one spirit. Maybe because the transparent figure in front of him looked the same age as him. The boy told him about some very scary man that abducted him, abused him, and then threw him in the river.

Fourteen-year-old Donghyuck was so enraged that he went straight to the police and told what the spirit said. Of course, grown people made fun of him for telling such fairytales, but one woman got intrigued and decided to check the river.

"Mom!" Donghyuck called his mother on the phone. "I just reported one spirit to the police."

The boy's mom appeared to be more trouble than excited.

"Oh, my lord! Get out of here. They'll think that you–"

"No! Mom, they found the body! Exactly where I and the spirit told them."

After the incident, which surprised all of the people, who heard the boy rambling, Donghyuck was called to the police station more often. There he would talk about the crimes, and tell what the killers and the victims looked like. Almost every case was solved just with Donghyuck's help. Even unsolved ones weren't a mystery anymore when they got into Donghyuck's hands.