𝟲 | confusion

Just as Donghyuck grasped the theory that Mark might be innocent and Byeol was the mysterious one, Mark started acting suspiciously again.

Donghyuck returned home tired, barely cautious, so he missed how Mark crept behind him. The older attacked the boy then, his strong arms wrapping themselves around Donghyuck's neck for a headlock. His back and Mark's chest collided, creating the intimacy they used to share last year.

The boy's heart raced because of an unexpected hug, but then the beats started whacking the sound of fear. No one hugs someone by their neck like that!

"M-Mark..." Donghyuck gasped, suddenly freaking out that it was his last day.

"Did you eat my peanut butter?" Mark whispered his hot breath brushing Donghyuck's ear.

Still scared, Donghyuck shook his head, although he did eat it. He just got rid of the jar this morning.

Unexpectedly, Mark let go of Donghyuck and cursed.

"Fuck, then who done it?"

Donghyuck watched how Mark seemed too stressed over the peanut butter than the fact that he scared his friend.

That's what made it hard for Donghyuck to defend Mark. The way Mark professionally walked to him from behind or talked as if he was hinting at something raised Donghyuck's suspicions to the highest. But then Mark did something stupid like the thing with the knife and cake, leaving Donghyuck in confusion.

The boy had no idea what to think anymore. Byeol's body was rotting already and he had no evidence, just stupid thoughts. Well, one fact was that Mark is a killer! But then again, Donghyuck's heart said that he wasn't because he had feelings for that guy. Though his mind was against that too. Donghyuck was thinking critically most of the time, getting rid of his feelings, and so on. At those times Donghyuck noticed many unexplained gaps in Byeol's statement. It started to give him anxiety.

In short, his mind was playing tricks on him. As Donghyuck knew who Mark could be, his mind made him find everything suspicious. But just because he had feelings for the potential killer, he managed to excuse everything.

Especially when one night he woke up with Mark standing in front of his bed. He freaked out and even sat up, thinking that the end of his life was near. But then Mark kneeled in front of Donghyuck's bed and that was when the younger knew that he was fooled once again.

"I'm having nightmares," he confessed in a low tone. "I can't sleep."

"What are you dreaming about?"

"Everything that scares me."

Donghyuck sighed and pulled his blanket down to sit up more comfortably and face Mark, but the older seemed to misunderstand that. Donghyuck saw Mark getting up from the floor and the next thing he did was get into the younger's bed.

"M-Mark!" Donghyuck gasped in surprise.

Pulling the blanket back to cover his and Donghyuck's body, Mark explained:

"No homo, but I need comfort right now."

"I'm not that good when it comes to comforting."

"Your breathing is already comforting."

Wouldn't it comfort Mark more if Donghyuck stopped breathing? That would be what every killer wished. But the way Mark put it wasn't even close to what a killer would say. Yes, it was a bit creepy but a normal phrase to say.

Donghyuck looked around for Byeol, and when he saw that she wasn't there, he gave in to Mark's influence. After all, it was rare for them to share the same bed. A few months back, Donghyuck wouldn't even have the courage to bet with someone that he and his crush will sleep together one day.