p r o l o u g e

"She's in a stable condition now."

The doctor spoke, the room being filled with sighs of relief.

"However, there is a chance, about 80%, of her not being able to use her quirk anymore."

"..What?"

"Because of the quirk malfunctioning bullet that hit her the first time, which miraculously didn't hit any organs. It is very unsafe for her to use her quirk. The moment we removed the second bullet which almost hit her heart, her quirk started firing up. It was a good idea of All Might to have Eraserhead inside the operating room, or else she would've burned this hospital down."

"Why can't she use her quirk?" Izuku stepped forward.

"Again, the quirk malfunctioning bullet. We needed to do a surgery and put in a device in her that can remove a person's quirk."

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!" Katsuki screamed and grabbed the doctor's collar. Izuku immediately pulled him back.

"We had to, sir. We had to save her."

"THEN SHE CAN'T USE HER QUIRK ANYMORE AND BE A HERO! THAT'S WHAT SHE WANTED YET YOU TOOK THAT AWAY?!"

"Again! Mr. Bakugou, there is still a 20% chance that she'll be able to use her quirk!" The doctor explained, scared of the fuming Katsuki as his hands were glowing.

"Papa.. It's okay.. At least mama is safe and alive!" Katsuya hugged her father's leg.

"The child understands, but why can't you, Bakugou?" Shoto stepped forward and broke Katsuki and the doctor apart. Katsuya lets go of her father's leg and starts crying once again. Katsuki was too busy glaring at the doctor as he calmed himself down. Shoto knelt down, carefully and gently placing his hands on the little girl's cheeks. His thumb wiping her tears away.

Shoto quietly hugs the little girl, and Katsuya buried her face in the strange man's neck.

"There, there. Don't cry."

"We have a few options to suggest. One, if the bullet's effects don't last long, we can take the device off, but that means she can't use her quirk for the time being." The doctor explains.

"What else?" Izuku asked, placing a hand on his mother's shoulder.

"We can look for someone with a quirk that can help her. Someone who can remove the bullet's effects and take it out like a poison, a quirk that can go through her anatomy and safely remove the bullet's effects."

"Like that bastard Chisaki Kai," Katsuki spat out.

"Or... A quirk that can turn back time in a person's body!" Izuku's face lit up.

"You got anyone?" Katsuki looked at him.

"Eri! I remember her quirk turned my body back to how it was before I got severely injured. Because of her I was able to fight using my powers on 100%." Izuku explained.

"How can this save her and get her quirk back?"

"We can use Eri's quirk to turn her body back before she got shot."

Katsuki scoffed. "She couldn't properly control her quirk, you stupid Deku."

"Of course I can!!!"