Chapter 7

Bethany's P.O.V.

When we got to the drive in, I immediately started to look around. We only have one drive in in Detroit, but nobody really uses it anymore.

"This looks so cool!" I said. Two-bit grinned at me.

"I'm happy you think so. They don't really play good movies here, though. Most of the time the people here are just couples wanting to make out or people looking for fights," Two-bit said. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"People come here to fight?" I asked.

"Yeah, but don't worry. I'll make sure nobody hurts you or anything," Two-bit said with a smile. I giggled.

"Ok, cool. I trust you," I said. Two-bit gave me another smile. I notice that he smiles a lot. Maybe that's just to me, I don't know.

Two-bit brought me over to some seats in front of where people can park their cars or trucks to watch the movie from those. He put his arm around me on my shoulders, making me blush.

"What kind of movie is playing?" I asked, seeing that there were still previews for other movies playing.

"Probably some stupid beach movie," Two-bit said with a shrug. I nodded.

"Do you guys come here often?" I ask, looking at Two-bit just to find he was already looking at me.

"All the time. Mostly because Ponyboy loves movies so someone goes with him for more protection. Dally likes coming to mess with people, Sodapop can't stay still enough for a movie so until he got a girlfriend he would just flirt with girls. Darry never comes with us. Johnny watches the movies, he's too shy to do anything else really. Steve flirted with girls up until he and Avery started to date," Two-bit explained.

"What do you like to do here?" I asked. Two-bit looked down.

"I usually either find a fight or find a girl," Two-bit answered. I nodded, fiddling with the bottom of my shirt.

"Well, I can't wait to see what the movie is. I love movies, and books," I said, changing the subject. Two-bit snorted.

"You'll make a good friend for Ponyboy. He'll absolutely love you when he finds that out," Two-bit said with a laugh. I giggled. The movie then started playing so we both got quiet to watch it. He was right.

It is a stupid beach movie.

A/n,
Hey guys! Sorry for the wait! I've had a lot going on. Everything is fine, though! Here's another chapter! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!