Chapter 10

I sit at my desk and look at my laptop. I open the email.

Dear Ryland Hart,

We are informing you on your college tuition. If you'd like to continue for your degree you must transfer to Brookside university in Colorado. Please respond asap. You will be leaving Friday if you agree. 
             -Richard Luck
      Dean of Students

My heart drops. Either I have to choose between my boyfriend or my career. I slam my laptop shut and start to cry. I grab my keys and head back to the Triplets place. I knock on the door dramatically. Luck for me Chris opened the door.

"Ryland?"

I fall into his arms in tears. He holds me in his arms.

"Ryland what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry Chris."

"Sorry for what?"

"Chris I have to go to Colorado."

"What? What do you mean"

"My college is no longer accepting me. And the closest one is Colorado."

"Then I'll go with you."

"I can't make you do that." I put my forehead against his. "I love you too much to do that."

"Ryland what are you saying?"

"Chris.. I leave on Friday."

"Then we can hang out for 2 days straight before you go." Tears begin to fall from his eyes.

"I think it will be easier if we just leave it right here."

"Ryland.. I love you.."

"I love you too."

We kiss. It was different than usual. You could tell it was a goodbye kiss. I walk back to my car crying. My heart was shattered into a million pieces.

Chris walking inside the house.

"Chris?" Nick and Matt look at him.

"Ryland broke up with me.."

"What why?!"

"She has to move to Colorado. She leaves on Friday."

They run over hand hug Chris.

"She's leaving.." Chris starts crying while hugging his brothers.