ex's best friend - taehyung

y/n pov

i watched from afar as the stylist flirted with my boyfriend. i don't know what's worse, her sicking ugly laugh, or the fact that he's so oblivious.

'"oppa~" she whined, my face twitching in disgust, "what's your diet, i need to lose weight, look at all this flabby fat" she lifted her shirt and patted her abs.

this bitch. how dare she, i thought pick-me-girl's were just on tiktok, but nope! here i am, watching one prey on my man.

i couldn't help but look down at my own stomach. i didn't know if i had abs, but i knew that i had an hour-glass waist and a flat stomach. i wasn't one to feel insecure, or feel intimidated, by a girl. but this felt different, he was laughing with her, patting her shoulder.

my attention was redirected when i felt a tap on my shoulder.

"y/n-ssi, if you stare any harder, you're going to burn two holes in the back of her head" jin teased, "i really don't know how many times i have to tell that girl that nobody cares about her abs" he sighed

"oppa" i pouted "do i have abs?"

jin chuckled

i lifted my t-shirt lightly and jolted my chin, signaling him to feel.

i flexed my muscles as his warm hand felt my stomach.

"sorry y/n" he sighed "you don't have abs" my face dropped, "you have washboard abs" he laughed

"aish, do i really"

jin cooed

"aigoo~ would i lie to my favorite?" jin smothered me with a large bear hug.

i hugged him back, falling deep into his embrace. jin was my best friend, my 2nd mother, my cuddle bear.

i've know jin since i was 2, we had the same babysitter growing up. when he auditioned for bighit, i was all for it. i knew he would use his voice to bring joy to the world.

"ahem." someone rudely cleared their throats, "careful y/n, you don't wanna hug him too hard, his grandpa bones might crack"

"you evil maknae" jin seethed, pulling away from the hug "how dare you disrespect your hyung" jin placed a hand on his hip.

"yeah yeah, whatever. y/n, i think you have to go now." jungkook turned to me

"oh, why?" i raised a brow.

"yeah, why?" jin mocked, throwing an arm around my shoulder, tapping his foot while his other hand still rested on his hip.

"because she's being a distraction" he coldly stated, "she's making disruptions and i cant focus" he continued.

what the hell? I was being a distraction? he was the one over there flirting with the stupid stylist. i huffed a sigh out in frustration.

almost as if jin had a 6th sense dedicated to reading my emotions, he fired back.

"yah! your being a distraction, do you know how agonizing it is to see that girl throw herself at you" i crossed my arms as he continued, "OPpA~ FeEL mY AbS" he mocked

"i'm not doing this, y/n, i don't wanna argue. stop being difficult and just listen" jungkook pinched the bridge of his nose

ouch. i'm being difficult? how so? by talking to a friend? by hugging a friend? but it's ok for him to feel the girl up?

"ok, jungkook" i retorted until my phone chimed.

pulling out my phone, i read the message my heart broke.