Chapter 9: By the Blood of Our Enemies

Zephyr peered out at the manic of a rabbit, from behind the large stones he and Sparky were using as cover. Rumbles of explosions and the screams of the civilians caught in the crossfire rang out around them. All they wanted were some groceries.

The young speedster was about jump into the fray. Rush people away from the conflict, and knock the crazy bunny to the ground. Instincts were inching, the crackling lightning, ears pricked up alert, all of it tell him to move.

"What are you doing?" Sparky said, grabbing Zephyr's arm.

"We can't just let her do this! Someone could get hurt," Zephyr said.

"You could be seen. Our entire cover will be blown!"

Zephyr glanced at the rabbit and then looked back at Sparky, "Okay, so what do we do?"

"Well..." the little fox rapped a hand on the ground frantically, his tongue sticking out of his mouth.

"Couldn't I cover myself in dust from the rubble?" Zephyr suggested.

"It would never stay on you at hyper speed."

"We don't have any face paint."

Sparky's ear flipped up, "We could lead her away. Stay in a blur form, she'll follow you out of the city."

"Where should I even go? Outside is only farmland, and forest. Then what? Fight her to the death? I can't do that."

"You're right. Meaning she'll see and then know your face."

"So, what do we do?"

The crash of a car being flipped echoed around them.

Sparky was trying to keep his breathing under control, but it wasn't easy. The reason behind that was the fact that he was scared out of his fur. There was a chaos powered maniac just thirty feet behind him. Who wouldn't be frightened in that situation!? What made it even worse was that this wasn't his element. He wasn't the action, he was the brains, the person who belonged in mission control. He couldn't throw a punch, teleport, or run faster than sound. He wasn't someone who could be a hero like the one his father had been.

However, Sparky also knew that laying down and hiding wouldn't do any good. He had to come up with an actual plan, because Zephyr, someone who tended to be impulsive, wouldn't usually plan ahead after his next footstep. No offence to his friend of course. He needed to focus. He needed to plan.

The young fox's twin tails twitched, his brows furrowed in determination and he looked at the surrounding area. An empty street, that was slowly being destroyed, one manic rabbit, broken electric lines...wait...broken electric lines! His blue eyes followed them and, yes, as if fate had planned it, just down the street was the power plant.

"Run her into the plant down the street."

"What?"

"You admit electrical discharge when you're running. She's currently giving out chaos energy. You can't destroy what she's putting out, it's just not possible, but you can over load her. Chaos and electricity are similar in nature and can be easily transfigured into each other. You lure her into the plant and collect all of the excess electric energy, and then over load her. All you need is to touch her."

"What will over loading her do?"

"If she doesn't know how to handle the high amounts of energy, you're about to pump her up with, then she'll have to disperse it. Which will, hopefully, drain her of her powers temporally...and also will probably cause a massive explosion."