⚡one⚡

The Hogwarts Express sat ever so beautifully on the train tracks, its burgundy gleam a welcome sight. Students, both new and returning, were bidding farewell to their loved ones. Mine, however, was not here. Sighing, I wheeled my cart towards the loading dock where the train conductors were loading all the luggage aboard. I thanked the worker as I left my items then turned around. From a distance I could see someone familiar.

Bounding towards me was a 6' tall, golden honey colored skin, hair now dyed purple Korean boy who happened to be my best friend. "Angie!" He yelled, gently pushing past people. "Joonie" I sighed, standing up on my tip toes to hug him when he got close to me. He pulled me into his chest, holding me close. After we pulled away he smiled at me. "How are you?" He asked. I shrugged. "Alright I guess. You?"

Namjoon sighed a bit. "It's been great actually. And I'm sorry for that." I smiled at him, rubbing his arm. "It's OK. It's not your fault. How about we get inside to find the others?" The smile returned on his face as he nodded. "Ok."

See, once school ends Namjoon and our friends go back to South Korea. I go back to a broken home in America. Namjoon has always wanted me to stay with him during the summer, and even his parents invite me. I've always declined but this year once school ends it'll be different.

I looped my arm into Namjoons as we entered the train. My pet raven Edgar was perched atop my shoulder. Namjoons owl Hedwig was also atop his shoulder as well. The train is rather long so we knew we'd be searching for awhile.

We searched and searched each cab for our friends but still we didn't find them. "Hmm, wonder where they are" Namjoon mumbled as we neared the end of the train. Just as we walked by the second to last of the cabins there was a frantic knock followed by the sound of the door sliding open. "Guys we're here."

I smiled as we filed in, seeing our six best friends. "There's my favorite Ravenclaws" Hoseok beamed. I laughed as I sat next to him. "And you and Tae are my favorite Hufflepuffs." "Yeah well, us Gryffindors are better" Jin replied, pointing to Jungkook and himself. "And those two are the only Slytherins I like" Namjoon added, pointing to Jimin and Yoongi. Jimin puffed out his chest all proud like whilst Yoongi, who's head was resting against the window, waved us off. Yet I didn't miss that infamous gummy smile playing on his lips.

Edgar jumped off my shoulder and flew to sit with Hedwig and Pigwidgeon, Jins owl. Yoongis pet snake, Medusa, was wrapped around his arm sleeping. Tae little Niffy the niffler was running around sniffing everything. Jimins little calico cat, Serendipity, was nestled on her pillow up above us. Jungkooks toad Neville was sitting in a corner croaking. Meanwhile, Hobis possum, Chips, awoke from his nap on Hobis lap and crawled over to my lap. Hobi clutched his chest. "Chips! You traitor!" Jin, who was sitting directly across from us, laughed. "Chips likes the pretty ladies." I chuckled. "Well I ain't pretty but he does love me."

We were on the train for a couple hours before the sound of the rickety snack cart could be heard approaching. Jungkook and Jin immediately perked up upon hearing the cart. "Quick! My bag!" Jin said to Jungkook whom immediately reached overhead. He handed Jin his Gryffindor bag and both guys quickly searched for coins. I chuckled, reaching into my back pocket. "Joon you want your chocolate frogs?" I asked. Namjoon looked up, nodding and smiling. "I love you!" He said. I just chuckled as I waited behind Jin and Jungkook. As I stood there, the train lurched forward and sent me stumbling.Instinctively mg hands reached out to grab something, which just so happened to be a person. "Are you ok?" Hobi asked, holding onto my waist as I held onto his chest. "Yes, thank you" I replied, feeling my heart race as he helped me stand straight. He gave me his warm smile as we assumed our spots in line. Jungkook and Jin had their arms full of snacks as they happily jogged back to our cabin. The friendly old witch smiled at me. "Hello deary. What will it be?" I gave a quick glance over the cart. "Three chocolate frogs and a pumpkin pastry please" I said. "You and your love for pumpkin" Hobi said. I grinned as the witch handed me a bag with my goodies in it. "Oh you know it."

I returned to the cabin and handed Namjoon his frogs. "Thank you bestie!" He squealed, ripping open the first box and shoving the others in his bag. Hobi came back less than a minute later carrying a bag as well. He took a seat next to me and began shuffling through his bag. "Bertie Botts for you" he said, tossing the box to Tae who smiled and thanked him. "Chocolate frogs for you two." He tossed two frogs to Jimin and Yoongi. Then he put an orange box on my lap. I glanced over at him with my brow raised. "I know you like them."

★★★

As we neared the Hogwarts Castle, we changed into our school robes. Then once the train stopped all the kids got ushered out of the train. "I can't wait to go to bed" Yoongi said, yawning. "You're always tired bub" I said, running my fingers through his fluffy jet black hair. He immediately sighed and leaned into me.

The eight of us waited as a Thresstral drawn carriage pulled up. We all piled in and waited in silence as we headed up to the castle.

Once inside, we were greeted by the suites of armor and the large marble staircase. I looped my arm into Namjoons as the hoards of students shuffled around us. The great hall is decorated with banners for each house. Everyone was sitting at their respected tables. Some kids were even eyeing the eight of us as we stood there. Houses typically didn't intermingle, especially with Slytherins. So all of us being besties definitely came with some questioning looks. "Well, we should get to our tables" Jin said, draping his arm around Jungkooks shoulders. Hoseok nodded. "We will talk on the secra parchment later ok?" We all nodded our heads then split up.

Namjoon and I found a spot at the very end of the Ravenclaw table. We had a perfect view of the others. Every once in awhile, during the sorting, we'd make faces at each other.

"I wonder when this will be done. I'm starving" Namjoon whispered. "You're always hungry" I whispered back. He smirked. "So? I'm a growing boy."

When the sorting finally came to a stop, Headmaster Dumbledore got up to speak. He introduced the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher then went over the rules. You know, staying in your dorm after hours. Absolutely no going into the Forbidden Forest. Be weary of the Merpeople in the lake. And setting up the first trip to Hogsmeade which I could NOT wait for.

When he finished his speech, the feast followed. Food of all kinds appeared on the tables. Namjoon rubbed his hands together and licked his lips. "Get in my belly fried chicken!" I watched as my best friend piled his plate full of fried chicken, rice, veggies, and fingerling potatoes. I just chuckled and shook my head at him.

☆☆☆

When dessert was cleared and plates were gone, we were dismissed to our respective common rooms. Again I held onto Namjoon as we waited for the guys by the marble staircase. Prefects were ushering the new students to their common rooms.

"I am so stuffed" Jungkook said, waddling up to us and rubbing his belly with Jin right next to him. Hoseok and Tae came next, giggling about something they were previously discussing. "Can I go to bed already?" Yoongi whined as he was being dragged by Jimin. "Let's say goodnight first."

"I say tomorrow we go to the Room of Requirment" Jungkook whispered.

The Room of Requirment is a secret room that only shows itself to those who are loyal. Ever since we met in first year we've been going there to hangout together.

"Yes please. I miss you all" I said. Jimin ran over and pulled me into a hug. "We love you!"

One by one we all hugged each other goodnight. Even grumpy tired Yoongi smiled when I hugged him.

"Alright. See you guys tomorrow!" I said, waving to them as Namjoon and I made our way up to the astronomy tower.

Luckily once inside, we saw that it was completely deserted. I sighed, plopping down on the couch next to Namjoon and resting my legs on his lap. He chuckled and removed my shoes for me.

"So. Anything you wanna talk about?" He asked, giving me that knowing look with his eyebrow cocked. I knew exactly what he wanted to talk about. "Nope. And if you ask again, I'll head up to my room." He just burst out laughing. "OK ok I won't bring it up again. Tonight at least." I playfully shoved him. "You're lucky your my best friend."