Chaoter 38: I am my Father's Son

Why didn't I hurt her? I had the perfect opportunity! I'm not under my dad's roof, I'm an adult, I could have attacked her, and it would be justified.

WOULD IT?

Why the fuck are you asking me?! You're the one who wanted to fucking drown her!

ME? OR YOU? C'MON, BABE, WE BOTH KNOW YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO KILL HER. BUT IT WON'T BRING YOUR MOTHER BACK.

It'll give me peace knowing that the world is better off without her.

YOU AND I KNOW YOU ARE MUCH BETTER THAN THAT.

Then why do these urges still come back?

BECAUSE YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN YOU WERE...

A finger touched at the base of her neck.

AND...

A gross grunt of arousal rippled through her from above.

...FUCK, I JUST WANNA RAPE YOU JUST FROM THAT THOUGHT, YOU DEVIOUS LITTLE BITCH.

Disembodied. Sallie found herself feeling a touch of ice gradually injected itself into her veins, sending a heart-breaking chill from where the finger touched, rolling down her body like an unsettling waterfall.

....Black ink ran in her blood...

HOW FUN WOULD IT BE TO PROVE TO EVERYONE HOW EVIL YOU ARE...

I'm not fucking evil!

AREN'T YOU TIRED OF BEING SO NICE ALL THE TIME...

Yes, but-

...TO LET PEOPLE WALK OVER YOU...

...FOR THEM TO MOCK YOU...

Something seized her spine, erupting an excruciating ache that seemed to have intensified the longer she focused on it.

DON'T LET THEM TAKE YOUR KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS...

Suddenly her teeth started to throb, a crippling agony she hadn't felt before striking through her cheekbones and skull. She felt tears running down her face. She felt their presence, but not the hot, biting burn that was always expected.

IF YOU'RE SO SCARE OF SHOWING YOUR TRUE SELF...

IOWA launched himself from somewhere at the corner of her eye, which startled her as she had expected him to be behind her this whole time. Hands still scaled over her body, groping her in cruel perversion.

Then she noticed it was several hands...

IOWA stared back at her, a leering grin glaring through the blackness under his mask, rows a yellow-stained crooked teeth. And then, in a small, grilling voice, he said finally:

...FUCKING WEAR ME...I'LL PROTECT YOU...

"-I'll protect you, babe."

Sallie's mind slipped back into reality without warning her, and she vaguely noticed the change in tone of the voice to realise Corey had been talking to her this whole time.

When he looked her expectantly, Sallie wasn't entirely sure how to reply, and so without thinking, she gave him an anxious giggle. And her reaction made Corey cock a brow in uncertainty.

"Huh?"

A blank stare.

"Uhh..."

That was when Corey stopped his brisk walk to their room, facing Sallie entirely now. Luckily, there was no one in the corridor watching them.