[003] ━━ Cat Lady.

imessage, real life

SUMIN had another shitty night of sleep

SUMIN had another shitty night of sleep. It happens sometimes and the next day Sumin is an awful, brooding mood, the lack of sleep affecting Sumin more than the average person. So, Sumin walks through the halls of Hanlim with her earphones in and music turned up. She moves swiftly through the crowd, narrowly avoiding bumping into students rushing past her.

      The only good outcome of today so far has been securing the front seat on the ride to school, leaving Beom-Sook to sit in the back with their younger siblings. Sumin's phone chimes through her earphones and she glances down at the screen, seeing Aika had sent a text to the groupchat. Sumin decides it's too early to deal with the groupchat and places her phone on Do Not Disturb — something she promised never to do after a fight that occured a year ago between Sumin and her parents. But, since it'll only be for a short while, Sumin decides it'll be okay.

      Walking into her homeroom Sumin sits down at the desk by the window. Her usual seat. She places her bag on the seat beside her so no one thinks to sit beside her. Slumping forward, Sumin buries her head into her hands and focuses on Red Velvet's voices instead of the loud, over-eager voices filling the early morning air.

      Just as Sumin grows used to the peace settling, someone pokes her shoulder. Sumin grinds her teeth together and doesn't move, hoping the person gives up. Another poke and Sumin thinks someone says her name. Sumin continues to ignore the poking and the far-away voice saying her name. Eventually the poking stops and the feeling of someone standing over her disappears.

      Ignoring people and things really worked in Sumin's favor.

      Finally quiet settles all around Sumin as her homeroom teacher's voice booms into the small classroom. Sumin raises her head and moves to turn down her music, she catches sight of familiar bleach-blond hair sitting in the desk in front of her. It was almost scary how Sunoo turned around even with Sumin making no sound, and he flashes her a smile.

      Sumin only diverts her attention to the phone in her hand as she turns down the volume to her music and checks the notifications she recieved from Aika and Jaehyun blowing up their groupchat. Sumin had tried to convince Aika and Jaehyun to use private messages because Sumin rarely ever responds to any kind of group text, but Aika and Jaehyun were adamant in including Sumin in every conversation they have, maybe because there were aware of previous friendships Sumin had where she was constantly excluded just because of her personality. (Is it a crime to not want to go out into the world and socialize every chance you get? Sumin doesn't understand how people can have multitudes of friends. Two is enough for Sumin.)

      Homeroom ends and Sumin easily melts into the wave of students exiting their classrooms to head to their specially assigned departments. The first half of the day is reserved for whatever department you enrolled yourself in, so for Sumin, she heads down to the dance department block. After lunch, comes the basics of high school; English lessons, maths, science — boring to Sumin, but at least she shares most of her classes with Aika and Jaehyun.