From the Start

I walk up and down the halls of my house, stopping through the rooms to make sure they are in good shape. About 100 rooms that need dusting and a dungeon that needs to be cleaned up. There's also dishes that need to be done, vacuuming, and clothes to wash. While i'm at it i better clean the kitchen up from last night's guests dinner. I have to rearrange my bedroom that is in the tower and dust all the pictures I have and hang a few that are still in boxes. I moved here back in 1976, almost 34 years ago and I'm still not unpacked. The house is still very cluttered in some areas but what can you expect when you have to move to the other side of the world. My clock rings and I see the time, it's 11am. I peek out the window and see the mail truck drive away. I walk to the front door and open it. I sigh softly as I see about 5 big boxes sitting on my porch then a smaller box on top.

"Wow I had a lot of stuff.." I scratch my head then bring the boxes in. I open them one by one, 3 boxes are just my china then the other 2 are clothes. I grab the smaller box and open it. It's a phone. I grab it out gently. I look at it confused. I've never had one and didn't plan on getting one. My creator always had one when he was caring for me.

There's a knock at the door. I walk over and open it.

"Hey lu!" Anne smiles. She's one of my best friends.

"Hey Anne. Why are you here? We're closed for tours today."

"Yeah but I was off from school today so I wanted to come check on you. Need any help cleaning?"

"Ahh that makes sense. I got a list of things to do, if you'd like to help you can and I'll add it to yer check."

"No worries! You're a friend. I like helping my friends." She smiles.

"Well I'm still gonna add it." I laugh and walk back to the boxes.

"Got more stuff?" She sits on the floor near the boxes.

"Yeah, my creator sent me some more of my stuff from my previous home. I'll probably have some more showing up soon."

"You have a phone?" She grabs the phone out of the box and hits a button. The screen lights up and it starts loading.

"I guess. I didn't plan on getting one but it came with the boxes. I'm not too fond of today's technology, I think it's too complicated for me." I smile. I sit beside her and watch her mess with it.

"Well it seems like this one is simple and I think.... They? Already have it set up for you."

"They?"

"You're creator, silly. I don't know anything about them or anything so I didn't know what I could use." She laughs.

"Oh, yeah. I haven't talked much about him, I've been too busy making sure everything runs smoothly for the tours." I smile. "What would you like to know?"

"Everything, how you two met, how he acts, an idea of who he is." I smile. "And I need to touch up your hair, your roots are coming through."

"They're not too bad, been thinking about going back to black but I don't know yet, I might wait and talk with him to see what he thinks."

"Soooo.." she laughs.

"His name is Samuel, I call him sammie. He was born in 1723. I don't know the exact date as he won't tell me but yeah, he's from Dublin and we ended up meeting when I was 15, I had gotten lost on my way home from school and he helped me get back. After that he was always there when I needed help." I think for a moment. "That sounds creepy." I laugh. "I always found him either at the library down the road from my house or at the pub near the grocery store. So it was easy to get help when needed."