seven | ten of spades

-SEVEN-

"All right. Come, and tell me everything... About your universe." Said Mordo, placing an arm around Stephen's shoulders.

"We go on green, for starters." Adelaide muttered, rolling her eyes.

"You're quite formidable too, it seems. A multiversal traveler." Mordo looked at America. "But thank the stars you brought Doctor Strange to safety."

"Woah, take three steps away from her before I rip out your throat, Mordo." Adelaide said, summoning a black stone dagger and pointing it at his throat. He looked down at it going slightly cross-eyed as he took three steps away from America, not favouring the untimely death he'd meet if he didn't.

"Well, just 'cause we jumped ship, doesn't mean we're safe." Stephen said. "Our Wanda has the ability to conjure demons and monsters to attack America in other universes."

"So she has the Darkhold?" Mordo asked, as they stepped inside the Sanctum.

"Oh, you know of the Darkhold?" Stephen asked, sitting down.

"Oh, yes. We have a Darkhold in this universe, too." Mordo replied. "I got it here in this Sanctum. We would never risk a weapon that dangerous falling into the wrong hands."

"Damn right." Adelaide scoffed.

"If your Darkhold is anything like ours, I'm afraid she can do far worse than just summon monsters, to come after you." Mordo turned to America.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"There is a spell contained within those pages. Corrosive to the soul. A desecration of reality itself."

"Dreamwalking." Adelaide realised.

"Exactly." Mordo nodded, "A dreamwalking sorcerer projects their own consciousness from their universe into another. Possessing the body of an alternate self. Playing puppeteer with this unholy doppelganger, and pursue their enemies from afar."

"The possession is not a permanent link between realities, but in the fleeting time they dreamwalk, they can do irreparable damage to the universe they invade." Adelaide completed for him.

"So it may not be a demon that you face. It may be, the Scarlet Witch." He completed morbidly.

Adelaide politely refused the tea she was offered, and instead played around with her cards, opening the fan and closing it over and over again. She squinted at Mordo, and her eyes trailed to the jar in the corner of the room. 'Sand...' She frowned, and opened her fan yet again, only to see the card she found most dangerous.

The ten of spades.

"Dad..." She whispered, tapping on her father's shoulder, who simply looked at her and muttered, "Addy, now is not the time for card tricks."

"But dAd--" She showed him the card fan, which had fifty-two ten of spades in it. Stephen shook his head and looked back at Mordo, "Sorry, she takes her title, 'The Trickster' a little too seriously." He shot her a look to back down, and she did, frowning deeply. America asked, "But, why didn't she do that to begin with?" Referring to Mordo's previous statement.

"Because that was her being reasonable." Adelaide added.

"What do you know of the Book of Vishanti?" Stephen asked Mordo.