[IV] Flowers and Basil's house

-->>Tw/Cw: In-Dream S//icide & Spoilers<<--

A few minutes had passed after the Hide-and-Seek event. The group of friends are currently walking on the path to go to Basil's house.

They kept on walking until something catches their eyes, as they came across a colorful flower garden. Supposedly Basil's, since he likes to take care of plants or flowers, and they're placed on the path to his house.

The group stopped by to see the beautiful flowers. Why not? After all, they have the time in their lives right now.

"These are Sunflowers. They're called that because they always face the sun. That's how I want to be like... Someone who sees the bright sides of things." Basil explained, giving the others a sheepish smile.

They continued to walk and saw another flower patch. Basil knows that it's his cue again to explain.

"These flowers are called Lily of the valley. It's said that they're able to ward off evil spirits and help people see a brighter future... I guess that's why they remind me of Mari. I can always count on her to help me stay positive!"

They continued to walk forward until all of them stopped in their tracks. In front of them lies a little critter stomping on small flowers.

"Whoa! What's that ugly plant creature?" Kel asks, a little surprised.

"Really? I think they're somewhat cute. I want to pet it." [A/N] said, looking at the small creature.

Aubrey sighs, then she looks at Kel. "Don't you know, Kel? That's a Sprout Mole! Sprout Moles are highly intelligent creatures, but become dangerously vicious when they are lost." Aubrey explains.

"Please Mr. Sprout Mole! Stop that! You're stomping over all the flowers..." Basil begged the small Sprout Mole.

Its response, however, was not happy. The Sprout Mole glanced in their direction, angrily stomping, again and again, then it charges toward them. Starting a battle between it and the group.

As the battle progresses, Hero explained to the others about the enemies and their emotions. The Sprout Mole that they are currently facing is Angry, so its attack is higher, but it lowers its defense.

*****

The Sprout Mole turns out to be an easy enemy. So with a blink of an eye, it was defeated fast.

"Ah... Most of the flowers are unharmed... That's a relief!" The relieved Basil said.

Hero then gave Omori a journal where they can keep track of all foes they come across before continuing the path onwards. More flower patches ahead.

"These are Roses! Can you guess who they remind me of?" Basil asks his friends.

[A/N] took a small glance at Hero. "Who else but Hero and his charming nature that a lot of other people fall for... And probably his slight romantic-ky aura for Mar-Mar. Wait, is that even a word?" They thought to themselves while trying to figure out if romantic-ky was an actual word instead.

"They remind me of Hero! Did you guess correctly? Roses come in many different colors and have their own unique meanings. Pink roses symbolize admiration, Orange roses symbolize passion, Yellow roses symbolize friendship, and the list goes on!"

"Hero doesn't remind me of any Rose in particular. I think Hero is like all Roses, because he's versatile and universally loved!" Basil continues.

"Close enough for me. Can't argue with that." [A/N] thought, sheepishly smiling as they continued to look at another flower patch.