[V] Awake

-->>Tw/Cw: Spoilers<<--

*Tick... Tick... Tick...*

In a small, cold room. A person is there, laid down on their bed. Suddenly opening their eyes, in quite a daze. The person is also known as... [Y/N] [L/N].

Darkness surrounds the room, despite that, [Y/N]'s pretty sure that they're in their usual bedroom right now.

[Y/N] slowly lifted their body from the bed and sat on it. Placing their hand on their head. [Y/N] doesn't know why, but their head seems to hurt a lot. Specifically the sides.

"Ow..." They groaned, before staring at a nearby wall clock. It was dark, but after squinting a little bit, they saw that it was currently midnight. More or less.

[Y/N] coughed, they haven't been drinking water much nowadays. "...Hm, I should probably go down to the kitchen and get some water there..." They said to themselves quietly, trying to avoid coughing over and over again with a sore throat.

[Y/N] got out from their bed and stretched a little. Though, they can't help but notice their reflection in a nearby mirror.

They stood in front of the mirror and examined themselves. A slightly messy hair and light eyebags under their eyes are visible there.

"Ah... The opposite of what I looked like when I was way younger..." [Y/N] unconsciously thought before shaking their head.

"Gah..! Why am I thinking of the past now...? It doesn't matter... What matters is the present... Because... the past... Is useless..." [Y/N] thought, their feelings mixed with frustration and sadness. Then they walked away from the mirror and unlocked their bedroom door to exit.

As expected, the house hallways are also dark, with no light emitting from any of the lightbulbs.

[Y/N] felt a bit uneasy, but they kept on going, despite bumping into multiple things near them. They prefer to keep the lights off instead of turning them on and burning their eyes out instead.

Finally reaching the first floor, walking to the kitchen felt like days, with endless thoughts running wild along the way.

[Y/N] finally arrived at the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the cabinet and filling it with water from the dispenser. Then drinking its contents in mere seconds. "Man... Midnight water sure tastes great."

They refilled the glass so they could take it upstairs, but noticed a conveniently placed picture frame on the kitchen wall.

...

A family photo.

[Y/N] sighed. After losing their parents a day after 'that' incident, that's when [Y/N] finally lost their spark.

They could barely remember what their parents looked like after all these years.

The glass of water has finally been refilled fully. Almost spilling some water in the process. [Y/N] began to walk back towards their starting point, the bedroom.

Walking back upstairs seems faster since there were no occurring thoughts in [Y/N]'s head at the moment. But they still can't shake off this one feeling. A feeling that something is currently watching them.

Trying to entertain themselves, they began to speak. "Pshh, [Y/N]? Have you lost your mind? Things as ghosts aren't real! U-Unless it's not a ghost and... S-Someone else entirely... What am I saying... I live alone here! No one else could be here..! ...R-Right...!?" [Y/N] questions themselves which resulted in them being more anxious than before.

[Y/N] wants to return to their bedroom as quickly as possible and wants to lock themselves in again.

They're near, but they'll have to walk past an eerie hallway they had passed before. But something weird...

"Is my brain messing with me or is the hallway looking more unsettling than before...?" [Y/N] thought as they could feel fatigue setting in.

...This isn't right.

Within a second of realization, [Y/N] was finally able to see the things hidden by the darkness.

Suddenly, every window in the house that was supposed to show the colors of the night transformed its colors to blood-red instead. Shining brightly into the hallway. The walls and floor are revealed to be smeared with unknown black substances.

[Y/N] tries to refrain from throwing up on the spot. So much was going on right now. But they could only process one sound.

A creaking sound came from behind them.

It felt like [Y/N]'s body turned around its own. As their eyes widened to see a distorted shadow, looking directly at [Y/N]. Even though only one figure was there, [Y/N] can't shake off the feeling that felt like countless eyes were watching over them.

[Y/N] stood there in silence, staring at the distorted-looking thing. Not wanting to make a wrong move. But its voice broke all the silence.

"[Y/N]... YoU Ŝ̷͉͈͝ẁ̶ͅÃ̵͖a̸̙̘͒͋I̷̧̓́j̵̠̘̆̉ ̸̙̿Z̴̧̋i̷̙͘ ̷̡̲̾̊S̸̊ͅw̸̥̫̚͝S̶̠͘ş̴̣͌͋ ̵̪̬͐́T̷̥̐w̶̮͒R̶͔͊̕ŭ̵͓̜̈K̴͙̫̉i̶̼̿̒Ả̷̮ǰ̶͔̟̀"? Ë̸̗́̀s̶̡̮͗̊A̸̞̽͆ẽ̵͚L̶̲̯̅p̸̬̠̈́̏... Don't run away from it, [Y/N]... Ṗ̴̦͇̏l̵͖̞̎Ě̶̻͇̄a̶̒̈ͅŚ̸̰͘ẻ̷̩..." The distorted shadow said.

But due to all the stress, fear, and fatigue. [Y/N] could not take in what the shadow had just said, and instead, swiftly opened the doorknob to their room, ran inside, and closed it shut, locking it afterward.

[Y/N] sat in front of the door, panting. Panic attacks did not make this situation any better.

[Y/N] buried their face in their knees, trying their hardest to hold back their tears. "Aha...ahahaha... After all these years... Am I... Finally reaching my limit...? Am I... Finally... going insane...? A...Am I... A-Am I going to die and r...rot here alone... Now...?" Their voice gradually became weaker as they speak.

They closed their eyes and thought. ''What would you say to me in this type of situation...?"

...

"...I'm tired... I'll... Go to sleep... Again..." [Y/N] said as they slowly stood up. Placed the glass of water that somehow didn't spill at the weird incident, on a table near the bed.

They laid down on the bed, finally getting a comfortable sleeping position. "...Goodnight you weird assed ghost..." [Y/N] said, trying to make themselves feel better before they fell into a deep slumber.

...

"Sweet dreams, dear [Y/N]..."
______________________________________

[Bonus Notes]: My proofreading skills are bad please don't murder me 🙏 -The goofy ahh writer

Chapter VI is under construction... Please wait until further notice