Chapter 11

Maria shot up from her bed and sat straight when the door of her cell-room burst open and a woman walked in. 

The woman was tall, wearing black leather combat boots, ACU army pants, and a tight moss green t-shirt. The t-shirt was so tight clinging to her body like a second skin, showing her big boobs and slim waist perfectly.

She was beautiful although she had heavy makeup on. Her mid-waist dark hair had fallen around her in waves, matching beautifully with her tan skin. Her green eyes were looking around the room bored and nonchalantly. One of her hands was in her pocket and the other was carrying a duffle bag on her shoulder.

Her cold eye fell on Maria who was still sitting on the bed, looking confused and shocked, and gave her a long up and down look. 

Maria become uncomfortable under her gaze and cleared her throat. "Can I help you?" she asked trying to look calm.

The woman scoffed and looked away. "So, you are the woman." she said. Her voice was deep for a woman and scary a bit. She looked at Maria once again. "I should admit I see nothing special. I don't know why you are still alive. They should have killed you by now."

Maria was angry. She had been kept in that cell for almost a day and she was bored out of her mind with not even a book to keep her occupied. They had only let her talk to Anna for a minute to make sure she was fine. And now this woman had suddenly come in and was insulting her. 

"Excuse me," she said with narrowed eyes. "But why should I care about your opinion? Who the hell are you?"

"Huh," scoffed the woman again and threw the duffle bag to Maria's head who barely managed to catch it before the heavy bag can break her nose. "I don't know why he cares so much."

Maria frowned. Who cares? Could it be ...?

Her train of thoughts was cut short by another presence in her room. "Don't be mean, Jade." said the new male voice and Maria looked behind the woman, Jade, to see a tall man with light brown skin and frizzy hair.

He looked handsome in his white T and black jeans. His jawline was covered by a short beard and he had a thin mustache. He looked like someone who could be warm and friendly, but his cold eyes that were glaring at Jade could freeze you.

Jade rolled her eyes. "What? I'm just telling her the truth." snapped Jade and glared at Maria with venom in her eyes. "That she has nowhere here. That she can never be one of us. So she shouldn't get used to this comfort. The moment we are done with the Spanish mafia, I'm sure the boss will end her miserable life. She is no one." 

"Enough!" snapped the man and stood in front of Jade, blocking her view of Maria. "You are great and all, but I'm sure boss will be really pissed when I tell him I went to grab the bag for the girl and deliver it, only to find out from Brain that you have taken it without permission. Now get out, before I really do this."

Jade huffed but didn't argue with the man who seemed to have a higher rank than her. She glared at Maria one last time before walking out of the room and slamming the door behind her, leaving Maria with the new man.

The man sighed and shook his head before turning to Maria who had stood up. His eyes had changed completely as he smiled at Maria. The two dark orbs were now full of warmth and friendship.

"Thank you," said Maria before the man could say anything and returned his smile with a small one. "For defending me."

"Oh, that was nothing." said the man and waved his hand nonchalantly. "Don't take her seriously. Jade is a bitch. She has slept with almost every man in our mafia. The rumors say even with the Don himself before Donna comes into view. Although, you should not underestimate her. She is a deadly asset and loyal to Kings as hell. She is great in her job, not failing in any missions. That is why Mason keeps her around. She is mostly harmless, but when it's come to the mafia she becomes overprotective. And because what you did, um, you know ..."