Wattpad Original
Mayroong 8 pang mga libreng parte

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

IN SOME random high-end café, Reigo was sitting at a table for two with his eight months girlfriend—now soon-to-be ex-girlfriend—and listening to her talk about the things she hated about him and the reason she wanted to end their relationship.

"Hindi ko lang nararamdaman na mahal mo talaga ako. Palagi ka na lang busy sa trabaho. Ni hindi ka makapag-text sa 'kin ng 'good morning' o kaya naman 'good night'. As your girlfriend, I am ashamed to tell my friends that you don't have time for me. All you do is work and you can't even take me on vacations like my friends' boyfriends. I mean, you're Reigo Vasquez, but you gave me a locally-made bag when you can afford a branded one and I feel ashamed to show it to my friends! They always think that you don't love me enough because of your lackluster gifts! I just feel like we're not meant to be, Reigo. Please, understand me."

Reigo didn't even blink. Sanay na siyang naririnig ang mga salitang binitiwan ni Shania. 'Yon ang palagi niyang naririnig na rason sa mga naging girlfriend niya.

He was so used to it. It didn't bother him anymore, and he went straight to the point. "Why don't you just admit to me that you found someone else and that you're cheating on me?"

Shania's went pale, and it took her a couple of seconds before she could pull herself together and try to reply as sophisticatedly as possible. "I don't know what you're talking about. Gumagawa ka lang ng kung ano-anong kuwento sa 'kin para sa 'kin mo ibunton ang sisi ng paghihiwalay natin. You're just trying to destroy my name—"

With a bored sigh, Reigo placed his phone on the table in front of Shania to show her his proof. "I'm working so I have little time for you, but that does not give you the right to cheat on me. Gaano ba kahirap sabihin sa 'kin na 'break na tayo'? It's not like I will oppose."

From pale of worry to red of anger, that was the change that happened on Shania's face. "Roman is good to me! And you're not there when I needed you the most!"

"And when was this?" Reigo replied indifferently.

Shania glared at Reigo. "When you were busy."

"You could've called me and told me you need me."

"I did!"

"When?" Reigo's voice had become interrogative. "I still have my call logs."

It infuriated Shania. "Fuck you!"

Reigo looked at Shania, uninterested. "Shouldn't I be saying that to you? You're the one who cheated."

"I did that because of you...!" Shania shouted and everyone in the café was eavesdropping while trying not to look at their table. "Kung binigyan mo lang ako ng oras, e 'di sana hindi ko 'yon nagawa!"

Reigo was as calm as ever. "Bakit ako ang sinisisi mo sa ginawa mo? It was your choice."

"Bastard!"

Reigo's eyebrows rose and indifferently asked. "Should I call you a bitch, then?"

Nanlilisik ang matang umangat ang kamay ni Shania at malakas na dumapo iyon sa pisngi ni Reigo. Ang ingay na nilikha ng malakas na sampal na 'yon ay halos nagpatigil sa buong café maliban na lang sa mesa na katabi lang din nina Reigo at Shania na may argumento ring nagaganap.

"Why, Zehan?! Explain to me why you don't want to accept my proposal? Ayaw mo ba akong makasama habambuhay? Ayaw mo bang makasal tayo? Tell me!"

Rommel was in turmoil while holding the engagement ring in his hand. Meanwhile, his girlfriend, Zehannah, was as calm as an untouched lake after saying 'no' to Rommel's proposal. "Makasama habambuhay? Gusto. Makasal? Hindi."