XX "Advice"

Tw: mentions of killing, it angsty
...

Wilbur figured the missed phone call notification would be lighting up Quackity's screen within moments as the call dropped. Again.

He leaned back, his head hitting the wall as it uncomfortably pressed into his spine and shoulders. He ignored the way his legs aches as they were stretched out in front of him, and had been for who knows how long. Hours? He closed his eyes, sighing deeply.

Images flashed through his head of freckles and skin caught between teeth and hands tangle in hair and-

Wilbur threw his phone to the side. How much of that was memories? How much of it past dreams? How much of it was he creating right before his own very eyes?

He opened his eyes, staring at his phone, hoping against all logic that it would ring and fix everything.

Nothing came.

He closed his eyes again, instead pushing the memories- or made up stories- or whatever away. He asked himself why he cared, but no answer came.

If he couldn't know his own feeling, then what fucking use were they? Wilbur's mind raced and was numb, the contradiction feeling normal at that point. He rand a hand through his hair, scratching his scalp roughly. He relished in the proof he could still feel. He didn't remember getting home, it had been like he was floating. Tommy had said something, but he hadn't heard. He had walked to his room and sat down.

He'd barely moved since then.

He turned his head to the side, his eyes ever so slightly open. Sunlight filtered in from the window, dimming the artificial light coming from his lamp. He looked away, closing his eyes tightly.

He didn't open his eyes when he heard the door open, nor when he heard footsteps or feel someone sliding down the wall to sit next to him.

"Wilbur." Techno's voice was uncharacteristically soft. "Uh, how are you?"

Wilbur didn't answer.

"You've been like this for two days."

Wilbur stayed quiet for a second, not moving to look at Techno.

"Yeah?" He said, his voice gravelly from not being used. "And?"

"You only get like this," Techno said. "You only sit here like this when something bad happens."

Wilbur took a deep breath before opening his eyes. He stared at the ceiling, counting all the imperfections.

"Wilbur, please," Techno said. "Tommy's getting worried. I'm getting worried."

Wilbur looked to Techno, who was already looking at him. He curled his legs into himself, once again ignoring the ache they gave. "I'm sorry."

"What's going on?" Techno asked.

Wilbur looked away again, taking a deep breath. "I don't know anymore."

"Talk to me," Techno said slowly, deliberately. "Did- did Quackity do something?"

"No, no!" Wilbur said quickly, turning his gaze back to Techno. He lifted his hand to his face, fingers lightly ghosting over his top lip. "Well, he did,,, I- see-"

"Spit it out, Will," Techno said. "Say the word, and he'll be dead tomorrow."

Wilbur chuckled slightly, looking down to his knees. "No, he, uh, he kissed me."

"Oh?"

"Don't fucking oh? me," Wilbur said. Techno mumbled to himself. "And what the hell are you grumbling about?"