Chapter 30: Payback

Sid woke up confused. Where am I? How did I get here?

He got up and cautiously walked out of the room. Sid let out a sigh of relief as he realized he was still at Bly and Aayla's house. He chuckled and went to the kitchen, where he started to cook breakfast.

Aayla woke up to the smell of a delicious meal being cooked. "Bly" she whispered.

"Yes, cyar'ika?"

"Who's cooking?"

"Sid."

"Oh! Breakfast is gonna be good!" Aayla looked around the room. "Where are Reno and Faylin?"

"Haar'chak! What did that di'kut do?" Bly got up and rubbed his head.

"Hey, calm down." Aayla and Bly walked into the small kitchen. "Morning, Sid."

"Good morning, Gen- Aayla. Sorry, old habits die hard."

"It's okay, Sid. Have you seen Reno or Faylin?"

"No, I just assumed they had left."

"I'm going to go look for them."

"Not without us you aren't." Bly said.

"Excuse me, I think I can protect myself." Aayla said, slightly offended.

"It's not that, cyar'ika. If Reno did anything stupid, we need photo evidence to make fun of him with."

"Of course you do." Aayla chuckled.

Aayla, Bly, and Sid had searched Reno's small house and found nothing. Aayla walked out the back door and immediately went back inside. "I found them. You two don't make a sound."

The trio walked to the small patio to find Faylin and Reno on the couch cuddling. Faylin was completely on top of Reno, who had his arms around her waist.

"This is just like when we found you and Aayla for the first time." Sid elbowed Bly in the side.

"Shh!" Aayla shushed them.

Reno heard a click, and another, then four more. This made him wake up. Oh crap, I'm so done for.

Bly, Sid, and Aayla saw his eyes go wide when he realized wha was happening.

"So, Reno" Sid said, very loud. "How'd you sleep?" Sid took another picture.

"I swear I'm going to get you back for this, Sid." Reno said, which woke Faylin up. "Haar'chak! Sorry, Faylin."

Faylin looked around and realized her position. She quickly smirked at Reno and winked. She held eyecontact with him for an unnoticable second. When Reno smirked back she knew this was gonna be great playback on Sid.

She had no idea if Reno would be okay with this, but his smirk told her he wouldn't care much.
Reno felt Faylin's lips crash against his own. He didn't know why- or how he got that lucky- but he knew he had to play along.

Once the kiss ended, Faylin sat up, with Reno following suit almost immediately. While practically straddling Reno's lap, Faylin said, "Last night was fun" with an added wink.

"Yeah it was." Reno coolly agreed.

Bly, Sid, and Aayla's jaws all hit the floor.

"We're just gonna go and leave you two along." Sid grabbed Aayla and Bly's hands and walked over to their house.

Faylin leaned back. "Sorry. I heard you say you wanted to get Sid back, so I thought I might try and... help?" Her statement was more like a question.

"That was perfect payback. So, thank you." The pair sat in awkward silence for a minute. "Would it be weird to ay you're really good at kissing?"

"Would it be weird to say you are too?" Faylin's blue skin turned a slightly darker shade of blue. She stood up, Reno following.

They reached the front door of Bly and Aayla's house, but Faylin stopped Reno at the door.
"If you ever need to get back at Sid again, let me know."

"I might take you up on that offer."

"Oh- also. Last night actually was fun. You're easy to talk to." Faylin kissed Reno on the cheek and walked in the house, leaving Reno outside totally confused, but excited.