The wig...

This is an angst so you are warned this is very emotional and you will cry .

POV y/n

Kurapika and I have been together for some time now, we are inching closer to our 1 year anniversary. I am so excited to spend the day with him as we are both very busy in our lives it is hard to find the time to be with each other.
Tonight we have arranged a date !
Well , he has arranged a date for us in a beautiful area . It's supposed to be gorgeous, as gorgeous as him .

POV Kurapika

Me and y/n are having our anniversary tonight but I have to confess something to them , a secret which I've kept for so long from them , I'm worried if they will leave me for it and this will tear us apart . I love them so much I can't bear to lose them, my deepest secret is...

Im bald .

POV no one

Y/n and kurapika are both getting ready for the date , y/n is putting on their dress/suit , doing their hair , their makeup , putting on their jewellery and all together taking all the time they need to get ready because tonight has to be perfect everything has to be perfect for the one they love .
Kurapika is getting ready putting on his suit , his watch , his tie , his rings , his shoes , his cologne and finally kurapika puts on his yellow blonde shaggy wig . The wig which conceals his bald head , the wig which conceals his darkest secrets .
Y/n waits for their lover to come collect them from their house , kurapika and y/n haven't moved in together because of kurapikas worries mostly because of his giant bald head .

Kurapika drives to y/n house and knocks at the door , he makes sure his wig is on securely . as y/n makes their way to the door they check themself in the mirror one final time making sure they look good . they open the door greeting their boyfriend with a pec on the lips they ask " are you ready to go ? " in a sweet tone . Kurapika responds with " of course my darling " .
They both make their way to kurapikas car and jump in . They drive to the venue where their dinner awaits. Kurapika had rented out a private area for him and y/n to have some alone time and not be distracted by other guests in the restaurant that night.

They both order their drinks , meals and are having a wonderful time , they both enjoy their meals and after ordering dessert Kurapika brings up a conversation he though he would never say.

POV kurapika
I think this is the time I cant keep this to myself any longer it's stopping us moving forward in this relationship and if I want a filter with y/n I need to confess this now.

POV no one
" y/n I've wanted to tell you this for a long time now and I think tonight is the best night to do this." Kurapika approaches the start of new conversation. " what do you mean ? " y/n responds in a worried tone thinking of the worse .
" y/n ... this is something that may break us apart but please promise me you will stay with me..." kurapika asks y/n his voice cracking At the end .
" I promise you with my whole heart I would never leave you for anything " y/n responds firmly.
" y/n I'm..." kurapika reaches for his wig for the final time slowly sliding off the back of his head revealing a shiny smooth bald head which is so radiant it practically shines . "...." Kurapika falls silent . He then speaks up after a moment " I know I should have told you sooner b-" he gets cut off .
" kurapika why would you keep this from me , I will always love you for who you are , it doesn't matter if you have hair or not . Your still my lover and I will always love you and your shiny bald head ." Y/n gets up from their chair and leans over the table not kissing kurapikas lips but his loving bald head.