Chapter Two

"Thank you for helping me," you say cheerfully, causing the pink-haired boy to blush.

"No problem, I'm always happy to help out" Sakura assures, staring at you with his light green eyes.

He slowly examines you, noticing that you look the same age as him and that you are also very beautiful.

Sakura knows that if you had attended the Academy he would have immediately noticed you and also...

...become your fanboy.

That leaves him with two guesses.

The first one is that you are from another village and are new to Konoha.

And the second-guessing is that you are a resident in the leaf village but just never attended the ninja academy.

"Oh, I forgot to ask for your name" you smile at him.

"(Y/n)"

"Well, I'm Sakura Haruno"

"I know" you utter out by accident.

"Huh?" Sakura raises a suspicious brow at you.

Within seconds you come up with a fake explanation.

"I mean who doesn't know about the war hero who helped in saving our village" Sakura smirks at you.

"Good to know that, I guess"

To break the awkwardness that follows after his sentiment, the ninja starts speaking again.

"How about I walk you to your home?"

When you were about to say no, he stops you.

"I just want to make sure that you arrive home safely" you chuckle nervously.

"Well, you see my home is under construction right now, war kind of destroyed it" Sakura frowns.

"Then where do you stay?"

You stay silent, trying to think of an answer.

But Sakura took your silence as something else.

"You are living on the streets"

Sakura is shocked by the realization that an innocent and fragile girl like yourself is living on the streets.

At that moment, he knew that he needed to help you.

He grabs your wrist all of a sudden, shocking you.

"Come with me"

                 💮🌻💮🌻💮   

"You are going to stay here from now on until your home is finished" Sakura announces.

Your eyes widen at his words, surprised by his generosity to have a stranger like you live in his house.

"Won't this be inappropriate?"  You inquire shyly, causing his cheeks to turn any red.

"The only thing inappropriate is leaving you on the streets, (Y/n)" you shiver at his strict tone.

"Why would you help me?"

This question made Sakura stand in his place, deep in thought about the right answer.

He can't just tell you that he did it just to make you trust him

Yes, ever since he saw you, Sakura got that possessive feeling that he has to protect you.

And wanted to be close to you, and now that he has you in his grasp.

He's never letting go.

"I just feel like it is the right thing to do"