Chapter 20:Wait, You Didn't Know?

Story Start!

"My Master has been really running me through some drills, though it feels nice to get back to the basics now and again."

Kiba and Xenovia were just sitting together, eating a nice breakfast, and it was becoming something of a morning ritual for the two Knights to do. They were both the swordsmen of the peerage, the only true sword users despite Issei owning a sword. Since Issei had been taken to the mountain to train for the 20 days, and Koneko had been gone for over 2 full days, they pretty much just ate together in the mornings.

Gasper ate in his room.

Asia would join them if she could, but much of her time was spent studying biology to make her Twilight Healing ability grow more efficient. The mental strain on the girl, who was learning a lot about biology through faithful study, was quite intense. She could be seen rubbing her strained eyes.

Akeno had just vanished completely.

"I've got to admit, I didn't think dancing with my sword would be training, but it's a real challenge to keep my balance. I think I understand the point of why Koneko's master adjusted my training for Azazel-sensei." Xenovia admitted to understanding the point behind her training much better. She had always been somewhat clumsy by nature, in battle she stuck to very a very steady style that involved straightforward attacks that didn't need finesse.

To dance with her sword, her large sword, required balance and finesse that she lacked. It was working parts of her muscles that didn't see much use, and she exhausted herself quickly with the training. The slight improvements were there though, and she was slowly becoming able to move quicker and with more skill than before.

"I would like to try wielding Durandal at some point, to see how well I can handle using a Holy Sword since I have an affinity for them. Maybe we can compare our skills with each other's swords?" Kiba asked Xenovia.

She frowned a little.

"I see the value in that, but I'm not too comfortable with the idea right now... Oh, Koneko's Master..." Xenovia stopped talking to Kiba when she noticed that Naruto walked into the dining hall, with a cup of steaming drink in his hand. She blinked when she noticed that he seemed very relaxed, for a human who was in the demon realm. She was on edge a little herself, and she wasn't even human anymore. "Thank you for the advice, I'm starting to understand what the training was about." Xenovia bowed her head to Naruto.

Naruto grinned.

"Naruto Uzumaki, that's my name, seeing as you forgot. Glad to know your thankful, while my preferred weapon isn't a sword, I've got enough experience with them to be a Master of the Basics." Naruto stated to her as he sat down across from the teenagers.

He remembered when he fought Momoshiki, after absorbing the weapon's master, Kinshiki while using Sasuke's sword. A man who could compete with a swordsman like Sasuke, and he had been able to compete with the guy too. That was the think about having your best friend use a sword, you picked up quite a lot simply from being around them and fighting them.

Still, he was more than capable of cutting people to pieces with his bare hands.

"How is Koneko's training going?" Kiba asked Naruto with nothing but politeness.

He seemed a very polite young man.

"Painful, but the results are very satifying. I expected her to take 4 days to master her first lesson, but it only took 2. She's not quite the natural her sister is, but she's got talent and she's willing to work hard. I quite like her as a student." Naruto grinned as he looked down at Kiba. The boy was very concerned about his friend, a quality that made Naruto more fond of him than before.