Chapter 1: Rumor

Present Time

Present Time...

I roll my eyes as I listen to my professor go on and on about statistics. You would think that in college you get to choose all the classes you take, but nope.

I'm in my junior year at 21 and I have to learn about freaking statistics. Like why would I have to know that?

All I want to be is what I do now, modeling. After the whole incident last year with my parents, I had to choose a career path I wanted to go through. It was difficult because when I started secretly leaving the house to help my cousin, I thought that would be my career. However, I got busted, so that didn't end up working out.

My best friend is studying photography and used me as a model for her portfolio she made for her class. Without my knowledge, she handed it in to an agency, and I was hired!

I love my job, but my parents wanted me to complete my education too.

Zoning back in, I sigh in relief when the professor dismisses the class. I swing my backpack over my shoulder and head out to meet my best friend, Kayla, so we can head out.

"Hey bitch!" She says smiling down at me.

That's the curse of only being 5'6, literally everyone is taller than me. I may be tiny but I'm mighty.

I laugh, "Hey hoe!"

We both laugh and link arms heading to my car. We were just about to reach before we get stopped by none other than Luke.

Ugh

Smirking down at me the rat speaks, "Hey babe, you're looking extra hot today."

I roll my eyes, "Give it a freaking rest Luke. I will never go out with you or sleep with you. Go away!"

He smirks at me and winks before heading over to his next prey for the day.

Kayla laughs, "I swear he's never going to give up."

I sigh, "I swear he's been doing this since like freshman year! Cant he just give it a rest!"

Kayla laughs at me opening the passenger side of my convertible while I get into the drivers side. Putting on our playlist, we belt out the music. In only a short amount of time we arrive at my house.

"I'm home bitches!" Kayla says entering the house.

I laugh as my dad looks up from his newspaper unamused, "Kayla."

Her face turns blank, "Damien." She says making her voice deeper.

She breaks out in laughter while my dad slightly smirks, "Don't you have a house of your own or some shit?"