𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

"MAGIC doesn't work on the Isle

"MAGIC doesn't work on the Isle. The rules were established to make sure no villains escaped. But the rules didn't consider villains escaping villains. Limited resources always been her go-to... ropes like these only applied to the weak, the bullied... I'm not weak," Mal pondered aloud, her purple hair becoming mixed with the falling dust particles and humid air of pirate stench.

Her green eyes fell onto the ropes tying her legs together. Maybe it was her pride, or maybe it was her disdain, but something inside of her refused to admit Uma would be smart enough to not use average ropes on her sworn enemy she wants to keep captive.

Growing up with the girl let Mal read her personality; her thought process. Uma's character was tactical, more of a logical type than an emotional type. Uma bounded traps with the mindset of knowing who she was trapping. She didn't consider how you'd feel in the trap, letting the thinking into the set-up she was establishing. No. Uma considered your mind when setting up her traps. Whether she hated you or liked you, Uma always considered your brain.

Mal never understood it.

Mal wasn't one to panic. Okay, she was. She panicked when Ben found out she spelled him, she panicked when the paparazzi ambushed her with questions, she panicked when her friends left her alone, she panicked when Carlos broke into the cameras to find the person writing in her diary, Mal always panicked. And it was never her fault.

They suffocated her with their words, never knowing rather their opinions would leave her heart to cry.

Mal watched the room's door. The door was dented on the side of the knob, being the aftermath of a pirate fight happening most likely from what she could tell. The smell of the door reached her nostrils despite being the farthest from her, the hanging sailboats covered in mold and moss. She refused to stay in this room. She refused to give in and be granted freedom after confessing why she was on the Isle again. Mal felt disrespected.

First, she was humiliated. Being outnumbered in an area where people hated you never granted you a fair fight. Not only was she there to apologize to Uma, she was there for her territory back. This was Mal's. It was obvious Uma took the opportunity of Mal being gone to run the Isle. She never had the courage to that when Mal was still there; she never had the courage to laugh in Mal's face when she was still there.

Second, Uma had the audacity to tell her she played victim. She had the audacity to kick that chair at her knowing Mal was tied up and couldn't fight back. And to think Mal was here because she wanted to change. Coming back to the Isle was the wrong decision. She was going to kill somebody before she kills herself.

Uma grew a new found personality it seemed. And Mal was going to get rid of it.

"Mother and I was always able to use the magic in our eyes. She loved being stronger than me. She loved winning our battles..." She thought, her leg now shaking out of anticipation. The growing feeling inside gave her the sense of hunger. A hunger for freedom. A hunger to prove Uma wrong.