𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

How does working on yourself

How does working on yourself... start?

Mal held up the written list she did back in Auradon when she used Alan's laptop to search self improvement advice up to the Isle's mucky sky.

1. Listen to yourself

2. Identify the root of the problems

3. Take care yourself

4. Practice identifying your feelings

5. Stand up for yourself more often

6. Be honest with yourself

7. Have a plan

Mal already identified the root of the problem, or at least one of them.

For one, her emotions were out of control. She never got a peace of mind being left alone with herself. She was either blaming herself for actions, or she was traumatized at night by memories on this... place. The same place she felt more comfortable coming back to.

Why did she come back? Why was the Isle her safe place? The same place she was punished on consistently for breathing incorrectly if her mother viewed it as so.

But even still... it was her pain and her happiness. She felt more trapped and boxed on in Auradon than on the Isle.

Was this a bad thing?

Did she cause herself to feel that way?

Was it Ben?

Ben. The thought of him made her put the list against her chest. She felt terrible for leaving him.. but they were in a tough place.

He wasn't listening; he wasn't hearing.

She was impatient; her expectations.. could they be considered high?

Should she focus more on working on her relationship than herself?

No, in order to fix the relationship she'd have to fix herself.

But she's a part of the relationship...

Barely being here fifteen minutes and already struggling within her emotions, Mal began growing an headaches.

The headache told her it was time to rest someplace quiet, to ride out the storm within her brain, for in time pain does ebb.

"Working on myself hurts..." the purple head muttered in defeat, sighing a bit afterwards.

A smirk spread across her face as her eyes landed on an rock had a forget-me-not hue.

It was time to go home.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

This was all Evie's fault.

Long time ago, a young blue-haired fairytale daughter of an ruthless queen, her old broken she loved hanging onto to remind her of the power she once held laid proudly on her crown fitted hairstyle. The young princess would sit in her windowsill watching as the other kids played outside, and their ideals of playing was either robbing the elderly, robbing stores, hurting one another, or vandalizing random areas.

The queen had beliefs her daughter was too good to be down there with those type of kids. Some days she'd explain why she forced Evie to befriend those kids to only turn around and complain and look down on them. Befriend those who will have use to you.

When Evie's birthday came, she invited all those she befriended, as her mother wished. In her head, she wished those she missed a farewell, as it was not meant to be. In the eyes of the young princess, she was smartly doing nothing wrong. She was shaping into the perfect princess her mother wanted her to be. A princess should shine, be above, be a step ahead, be surrounded by those worthy of her.

Her mother did not see Mal as worthy of befriending.

Despite never telling Evie, her mother was well aware of the power Maleficent held over the Isle. Mal held the same power over her peers, as power is passed down, after all. She didn't need those people in her daughter's circle, cowering her and making her weak in front of the army of worshippers she was gathering.

And it hurt the purple-head girl. It hurt her more than Evie would have ever guessed.

"Evie? Evie? Evie!"

Evie snapped her head around at the calling of her name. She started dazing off when the topic got on what possible made Mal leave.

There are times her brain fries up. It's no excuse; she must own her behaviour. Evie tried to help, tried to be good, and then a trigger was flicked.

She was feeling deep regret in the pit of her stomach. When Mal returned to the Isle.. did she get met with that same memory? Did all her problems began there? Did all of Maleficent's start there as she used it as her opportunity to sneak in Mal's head?

She needed to go to her best friend and quickly.

|Thank You For Reading|