Sang hu tere 1.1

Everyone was having breakfast in the mess before the morning drills. As it was saturday, there were no drills after that and they were free to spend their weekend as per their wish. Cadets were sitting together on the left side whereas Faizi and Sanju were sitting on right at their usual places.

As Karan entered the mess, his eyes searched for that one person, whose smile would bright up his whole day, just like it enlightened his whole life, his girlfriend.

Yeh Monami nahi dikhai de rahi, aayi nahi kya breakfast karne, ya jaldi kar ke chali bhi gai?

He wanted to ask Sid but kept quiet as others would get suspicious. So, he thought to look in her room himself. As he turned to go, Sanju called him

Sanju: Aree Karan sir ji, bina nashta kiye kaha ja raho hain? Abhi to drill mein bhatero time hogo, saare jhingoor (cadets looked towards her) humao matlab hai, sare cadets to yahi hogo, aa jao, dilbagh ji ne badhiya nashto banao hai.

Karan looked at Sanju and Faizi then at cadets, who were giving him curious glances. Taking a deep sigh, he went towards the counter, took little food in his plate and sat across Faizi and Sanju.

Faizi looked at Karan, found him fidgeting with the food, then looked towards cadets, and found Monami missing. He understood the situation and shifted his gaze back to Karan who sensed his gaze upon him and looked back at him. His eyes showing he is worried about her, Faizi blinked his eyes in assurance.

Suddenly, Sumanji realized something and looked around.

Sumanji: Aree yeh Monami kaha reh gai, nashta nahi karna kya use, fir drill ke liye bhi to jana hai?

Chitra: Aree haa, #Mo kaha hai? Esa to nahi ki wo hum se pehle hi #breakfast kar ke chali gai ho? Par roz to humare saath hi karti hai, haina?

Bala: Aree tabiyat to thik hai na doctor madam ki? Kal raat tak to thik thi. Sid bhai ji, aapko to pata hoga?

Their conversation caught trainers attention. Karan was impatiently waiting for Sid's answer, while Faizi was looking him expectantly.

Sid: (taking a deep breath) wo nahi aegi aaj shayad breakfast ke liye.

Karan's brows furrowed hearing him but wanted to listen further.

Premji: Nahi aegi matlab? Bhook nahi hai kya use? Uska Swaasthya to thik hai na?

Sid: Assuming Swa...whatever to be health, yes, uski tabiyat thik hai, bas ...(his eyes got a little moist and he trailed off)

Karan could not hold back himself as his patience gave away

Karan: bas kya Siddharth?

Sid looked at him, seeing worry in his eyes for her best friend and internally smiling but said with a lump in his throat.

Sid: Kal... Juhi aunty, mera matlab hai Monu ki mom, unki death anniversary hai, he whispered.

Silence fell over, as everyone took some time to process what Sid just said.

Sumanji, after coming back to her senses: Sumanji ko lagta hai ki fir to hume Monami ke pass chalna chahiye, Sumanji samjh sakti hai maata pita ko khone ka gam kya hota hai (remembering her own parents who were killed in a terrorist attack). Hume use akele nahi chhodna chahiye.

Everyone nodded and about to go, but Sid stopped him

Sid: no guys, please use akele rehne do. Wo strong hai bahut, bachpan se usne khud ko akele hi sambhala hai, I know she will be alright, bas use akele rehne do.

Karan, to say that he was shocked, would be an understatement. But more than shocked, he was in pain, because he knew the grief, pain of losing someone close to you, someone who was the only family to you for years. Getting hold of his emotions,

Karan (clearing his throat): Sabka nashta ho gaya ho to report in drill area (little loudly) NOW!!

Everyone walked out of mess area, Karan called Sid from behind,

Karan: Monami apne kamre mein hi hai na?

Sid: Haan, kamre mein hi hai.

Karan nodded and Sid turned to go, but again turned back to Karan.

Sid: Wese Monu aaj tak to akeli hi rahi hai, par iss baar shayad use kisi ka saath mil jaye to use accha lage.

Sid left, but Karan stood there pondering over Sid's words. He quickly talked to Dilbagh ji, took some food in a plate and walked towards Monami's room.

---------------------------------------------------
To be continued....

That's it for this part.

Please vote if you like it.

Any feedback through comments are most welcome.