Chapter 6

Gray had fallen incredibly ill. He had a very high fever and was constantly shivering. He was throwing up a lot and almost constantly dizzy. He was only able to drink small sips of water or soup. His entire body was in so much pain that he cried.

Although Gray hated physical contact, Donald had to actually move Gray into a sitting position so he wouldn't choke when he drank. He made sure Gray was on his side when laying down so he wouldn't suffocate on his vomit.

At first, Gray tried to shove Donald away when he tried to help, flashbacks of the horrible events causing him to frantically thrash around. But eventually, he ran out of strength. He then switched to curling up against Donald and leaning towards his warmth, seeing him as someone who'd keep him safe.

On the third day of Gray being sick, Kingsley finally pulled Donald aside. "He needs to go to the hospital,"

"He doesn't want to go to the hospital," Donald reminded.

"Donald, he'll actually die if he stays here!" Kingsley snapped. "I highly doubt it's a mere cold or flu. It's more like withdrawal symptoms from the drugs that his kidnappers have been injecting him with. Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long for him to show withdrawal symptoms,"

"He'll panic—"

Shockingly, Kingsley slapped Donald. "You're Donald Na, the smartest man I know. Use your fucking brain! There are two options: he stays here and dies or he goes to the hospital where he'll panic, but he'll live. Even if he does panic, he'll be reunited with his family and friends. He'll learn to trust them again just like how he eventually began to trust you. He'll also have access to therapy, which he very much does need,"

'Kingsley right,' Donald sighed and tossed his keys to him. "You drive, I'll stay with him in the backseat,"

XXX

Gray had no idea what was going on, but he clung tightly to Donald as he was carried. He heard a pair of sliding doors opening and once the heavy scent of antiseptics reached his nose, Gray began to panic. "No!"

"Mamba," Donald addressed softly. "You're very sick—"

"No I'm not!" Gray cried, although even his yells were softer than a normal speaking tone. "I'm...I'm fine! I don't want to be here!"

"Mamba..." Donald said. "You'll die if you don't get proper treatment,"

"Then let me die!" Gray sobbed. "Please...I don't want them to touch me! I don't want them to hurt me! Please, Donald!"

'He sounds so scared and terrified, like an innocent child,' Donald recalled his own childhood screams that everyone who did hear pretended not to. 'But this is for the best,' "Sorry Gray, but I'm not letting you die,"

XXX

"It's better this way," Donald smoked a cigarette in the parking lot right next to his car.

"You can still visit him," Kingsley said.

"He's only been with me for a month," Donald recalled. "But he reminded me so much of my shitty childhood that I considered him to be something akin to a younger brother,"

"You don't plan on visiting him, are you?" Kingsley questioned. "Why? You obviously care about him,"

"It's better this way," Donald watched as Mom Yeon and Ben Park's gang arrived and rushed into the hospital. "I'm sure by taking him to the hospital against his will, he considers me as someone who betrayed his trust. This time, he'll have the support of his mother and his friends. He doesn't need me anymore and he'll probably forget about me anyway in a few weeks,"

"Besides," He extinguished his cigarette on the ground. "I need to refocus on my own life. I'm Donald Na, Number One of Yeo-Il High School and the head of the Yeongdeungpo Union,"

Gray had been kidnapped for three months and stayed with Donald for one month, so it's been four months since he was reported missing.