5: The Mysterious Velvet Book

THUD!
...

My shoulders slumped down in sadness.

"Ugh, these fucking tears!" I hissed before wiping my eyes harshly. It did hurt but not more than my heart did... Yeah, right...

It might sound like an exaggeration, but I feel emotional cuz dad shouted at me...

Even though, dad had to go through a lot of hardships of being a single parent and in the pain of losing his wife... Yet, he never raised his voice at me. He treated me like a princess. His princess... God knows what really happened 5 months ago that made him like that... Now, it feels as if all the love has just vanished into thin air. As if he doesn't even care about what he's speaking and whatnot.

I sighed before standing up and taking off my clothes. I soon took out some comfortable clothes from the closet and put them on. Once I was done with the 'changing session', I took all the books out of my bag, arranging them neatly according to the timetable for the next day.

"Finally..." I muttered under my breath with a slight smile. It was my habit to do all the work at once. I never kept anything for later because it always made me irritated and I felt a sense of responsibility lingering in my mind. It made me worried, so, I always completed all my tasks on time.

I was about to sit back on my bed but...

THUMP!

My body flinched badly with the harsh sound of something falling. I turned around with wide eyes, only to find a red book lying on the floor wide open.

"Oh damn..." I exhaled out sharply before placing my palms over my heart. It really did scare me...

I stood up and walked near the book only to look at it in shock and a slight curiosity.
It was that Taehyung guy's diary...

I crouched down to its level and kept looking at it in a trance until something weird happened.

"W-What the hell!" I fell backward in shock. The moment I touched the page, it started to glow and some ink-written sentences started to appear on it. It soon stopped glowing when the text was absolutely vivid.

I gulped in shock and crawled towards the mysterious book, only to look at it with wide eyes and not move a muscle. How did that happen? Actually, why did it happen?

I extended my shaking hand towards it and grasped it automatically. Soon enough, I bought it closer to my view, and without even allowing it, my eyes started to read the dark-inked text on it.

"How did this happen Heejin...?"

Heejin?

Who's this now?

"We... We were so perfect. Why did this happen... Why..."

"What?" I blinked in confusion. Who's this Heejin now? This is Taehyung's diary, so it means he knows her, doesn't he?

"You promised me. No matter what, you're gonna stay with me until the end. You promised, regardless of my flaws, you're gonna be with me. Forever... Then why, huh?"

This girl... Is she his girlfriend...?

"Okay, whoever this is, why am I feeling like this?" I scoffed before placing my hand on my chest and rubbing it softly. I didn't know why but there was an unsettling feeling in my heart. A kind of... jealousy?

"No, no! I don't even know him... Ugh! Get a grip Miso!" I slapped my cheeks a few times before hissing in pain. There's no such reason for me to feel this way... I don't even know him so well...

"You... You never even told me your worries. You promised you will... Now come back and fulfill my wish... I want to hear your worries and help you... Come back Heejin..."