4

Take a Right

All of Miyagi Do had to postpone practices until the place was cleaned up. Not just Daniel but the students as well. They hammered in a new fence, painted it, sanded the floor of the porch, washed the rock with the graffiti on it, added new lanterns, and fixed the doorway. Soon the five of them got one-half of the dojo looking like its old self again. Daniel put his hands on his hips and sighed while watching Eileen pick up pieces of trash.

Later, Demetri, Sam, Eileen, and Robby found themselves attempting to lift a heavy rock that none of them seemed to be able to.

"Listen, about the other night..." Robby muttered to Sam, trying to make her feel better.

"Nothing happened. So there's no reason to be uncomfortable, right?" Sam told him, clearly hurt but understanding his situation.  Eileen looked at Demetri with eyes that suggested something happened to them but Demetri didn't understand.

"Right. Exactly," Robby concluded. They tried to lift it again but failed before standing up. Eileen leaned on Demetri while his hands were on his knees.

"Are you guys lifting? Because I feel like I'm doing nothing here," Demetri asked, getting a stern look from Eileen who smacked behind his neck.

"We are trying, Tri," She huffed.

"Forget it, all right. It's too heavy. We're going to need a forklift," Robby noted, getting a heavy nod from Eileen.

"How did they even knock it over?" Sam asked. Demetri laid his head on Eileen's shoulder as Eileen got closer to him.

"It's a lot easier to knock something down than it is to pick it up. Don't worry we'll get it up," Daniel reassured, planting new plants to make it look nicer.

"Sounds like a life lesson," Eileen whispered as Demetri nodded.

"Uhh... Excuse me? Is this Miyagi Do?" Eileen heard a familiar voice call out. She smiled as she saw the familiar faces of the Miyagi Do kids that walked out after Daniel's speech. Eileen squealed as she ran over to hug Chris.

"Yeah," Daniel replied before Robby marched over.

"You came back for another beating?" Robby asked threateningly. Eileen's smile turned into a frown after he said that, her lips moving into a thin line.

"Hey, Robby. Robby!" Daniel said, pulling him back.

"This is one of the guys who was beating on Demetri. Probably helped trash the dojo," Robby explained.

"We didn't have anything to do with that," Chris told Robby, "But I am sorry about what happened at the mall. We just wanna learn Miyagi Do karate because of the way Eileen explained it to us at the neighborhood barbecue," he finished.

Robby flashed her a stern look. She looked down, remembering the same look she got from other people.

"I'd be careful, Mr. L, letting the Cobras into Miyagi Do. It's like letting the wildlings behind the wall," Demetri referenced game of thrones knowing Eileen couldn't argue back.

"Didn't the wildlings help Jon Snow win the battle of the bastards?" Daniel asked, making Eileen subtly smile as Demetri realized.