The Unfortunate Existance

Benjamin Skinner laid alone with his eyes shut. To say he was alone is to do his case an injustice, as he had the blinds drawn and the door locked. His blanket lay haphazard over his lower body, leaving his shirtless torso exposed to the stale air of his bedroom. He didn't bother to pull it up. To say he was covered in a blanket was a misstatement anyway; it was a dirty, frayed, stained and in some places burnt sheet, which was at some point a fine white cotton cloth with light blue stripes, but had since devolved into an unsightly vomit-brown colour. His head, fit with matted, unkempt, greasy brown hair, laid precariously on a dilapidated pillow, which in general was stained the same ugly pale brown as the sheets, but with a dark portion towards the centre-right, forming a sort of foul halo around his head.

Littered around the room were all manner of rubbish. There was once a bin located underneath a particularly large pile of garbage, primarily used tissues, some of which had acquired a foul sort of mould or something equally revolting on. Scattered around the bed were a number of food containers, including a number of empty cans of fruit cocktail and the like, and a small number of somewhat rusted spoons lay around, some of which were inside of said cans. Junk, all manner, lay around the room, congregated around the bed, night-stand and what appeared to be a bureau. The only light entered through cracks in the blinds.

As for Skinner himself, he lay on his bed, unmoving. Not even the rise and fall of breathing remained in his lifeless body. He was a fat, overweight slob, who let himself go to all hell. He was balding, with a round face, flat nose and great wide mouth that would give him a toad-like appearance had his upper lip and chin not been covered by a matted beard that had obviously grown from unkempt stubble. Fairly overweight, with a great amount of hair covering his arms and naked torso, with a rather large gut pushing the crumpled sheet away. Death had made such a violent and terrible man almost peaceful, giving him the appearance of having passed away painlessly while sleeping, perhaps from heart failure or illness. Only five people knew better.