003

// Not Edited

It was a new day and Maddie was getting ready for school. She only had a few classes as normally, her mom would take her out and bring her to dance. As much as Maddie loved going to school, she was debating on whether or not to just be home school.

She quickly went to her closet and got out a pair of ripped jeans with a white t-shirt and to top it off, she got a denim jacket. After getting dressed, Maddie went to her bathroom and brushed her teeth before washing her face and doing her normal skincare routine.

"Perfect" Maddie told herself as she admired herself in the mirror. Maddie doesn't usually wear makeup, she doesn't have to look all pretty for people that she doesn't even know. Maddie only wears lip gloss and eyeliner. So that's what she did.
(Be yourself girlies!)

Going downstairs, Mackenzie was eating pancakes whilst Melissa made some for Maddie. Maddie took a seat next to her sister and smiled at her as she waited for her breakfast.

"Are you going to school with Kalani?"
Melissa asked as she handed Maddie her plate of pancakes. Maddie thought for a moment and Mackenzie rolled her eyes.

"You don't have to think about it, we know you two hit it off immediately, and are literally best friends now" Kenzie said shaking her head.

"Yeah but I can never replace Chloe"
Maddie retorted warning an eyebrow wiggle from Kenzie making Maddie roll her eyes.

"Claddie!" Kenzie chanted. This made Melissa look up and frown.

"What the hell is Claddie?" Melissa asked making Kenzie stop chanting their ship name. Maddie looked at her you her sister and groaned. She really hoped Kenzie wouldn't tell their mum. What if she's homophobic?.

"It's Chloe and Maddie's ship name!"
Kenzie grinned and Melissa absolute lost it. She didn't want her Child to be liking girls. That wasn't right!

"Excuse me!?" Melissa crossed her arms as she yelled in Maddie's direction. Kenzie flinched and looked at her sister who was frowning.

"Why would you guys have a ship name? Are you gay!?, or are you two together?!" Melissa shouted and Maddie gulped in fear as she was listening to the words that were coming from her mother's mouth.

"Mom-" Kenzie started as she saw Maddie's face that was on the verge of tears. Mackenzie held her sister's hand and gave it a squeeze in comfort.

"Because that is just wrong. Do you not understand that is absolutely wrong to love the same gender. Girls are supposed to like boys, and Boys are supposed to like girls!. Not the opposite!" Melissa pointed her finger in Maddie's direction before grabbing her car keys and storming out of the house.

Madison looked at hands that were shaking and her sobs were shaky with tears streaming down her face. Mackenzie looked at her sister in worry, she had never seen her sister this sad before. It really made her mad that their mom didn't even let her speak or, that she was against the Lgbtq+.

"Hey, shhh... It's okay, Maddie. She doesn't know what she's talking about. I'm sure she's just got stuff on her mind. And... If you're um, gay or big or whatever, then I fully support you!" Kenzie reassured her sister who sobbed into her shoulder. Maddie slowly looked up and saw her sister smiling at her as she wiped her tears.

"B-but s-she-" Maddie started but Kenzie just shushed her and led her to the couch. Kenzie gently laid her older sister down and put a blanket over her before sighing.

"W-what about.... S-school..?" Maddie managed to get out, Kenzie just rolled her eyes and sat on the floor.

"We missed the bus, Mads. Besides, Skipping a day won't hurt anyone. And, I can't just leave you here all alone sad and miserable. Now shush and get some rest to clear your mind" Mackenzie said the last part a bit louder making Maddie softly chuckle and close her eyes.